Which Web of Knowledge area is most popular......

Which Web of Knowledge catagory is most popular.......

• Grabs and Tackles

• Pushes

• Punches

• Kicks

• Hugs and Holdsq

• Locks and Chokes

• Weapons

• Combinations or Multiple attacks of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Which catagory of techniques within the Web of Knowledge is most popular......
Many like different types of techniques..... lets hear why

:asian:

M

matthewgreenland

Hey GD -

Quickly - I obviously enjoy them all; however, I feel a good combination of the "above" is very beneficial. Good variety.

They all have their merits - Hugs/Holds gives one a split second longer to act as opposed to a punch or other strike. Chokes/Locks - even less time.

Do I have a favorite - really, it depends on what day of the week it is. I feel more successful in dealing with the Grabs/Hugs/Holds/Locks/Chokes - simply because of the time factor involved. In time, though, in time, my brother - I will be better and faster and more proficient.

Respect -

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I do like locks and chokes I have to admit :)

If you've got someone in a good lock, you can feel in total control. It's nice to know that if you're applying it effectively, then there's often no way to counter effectively, and people become amazing compliant when they feel their joints start to break!

Also, it's nice to be able to sort people out without putting them in hospital, which is why this stuff is so essential for door work now. Some of the druggies just keep coming back up like weebles if you hit them (so people in the business tell me).

Ian.

B

brianhunter

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

I don't know about what is most popular...it should be all of them! We should have to do the stuff we dont like to see what we like but they all should be equally covered. The universal pattern isnt lop-sided or oval its a perfect circle my belief is to treat the web of knowledge the same way.

As far as my preference I do like defences against hugs and holds, these usually dont become applied (more appropriately attempted thats when you should react) unless the aggresor thinks he can control you and its nice to show them the kenpo way out

K

Kenpo Wolf

,,,is what I voted on since they are the most common attack followed by pushes in my opinion

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I like working on all of them as well, but the grabs and tackles seem to be a little more fun than the rest.

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Klondike93

I like working on all of them as well, but the grabs and tackles seem to be a little more fun than the rest.

Ditto!:asian:

R

Rainman

Punches and kicks- Nothing like a little deception and swat upside the head to let one know how large that area really is. Since limbs are so flexable in a striking context zone cancellation can be difficult and it is only possible to block or redirect 3 to 5 strikes at a time. Defense must be offense just like the teks show amongst other things.

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by brianhunter

Do Tracy guys use anything close to the web of knowledge??

I was told that our techniques are .......shall we say, out of order? No the the same way that SGM Parker had his, according to the Web.

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by RCastillo

I was told that our techniques are .......shall we say, out of order? No the the same way that SGM Parker had his, according to the Web.

What I meant to say was: Not the same way SGM Parker had his, according to the web.

Geez, I'm getting to be as bad a typist as Seig!:eek:

R

RCastillo

No, you were bad before we even knew him!!
:eek:
:rofl:

Hey, thats okay, them feathers are still growing!:samurai:

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Typing!!

Brother, this guys trys everything!!

10 minutes of typing:

The quick Ed Parker, jumped into his car with his brown fox vest and lazy dog, on his way to the to the fightclub.

R

RCastillo

Typing!!

Brother, this guys trys everything!!

10 minutes of typing:

The quick Ed Parker, jumped into his car with his brown fox vest and lazy dog, on his way to the to the fightclub.

Hey, if you're nor careful, I'll even attack your OBSCURE ZONES!

Didn't think I was studying, did ya!:D

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by brianhunter

Do Tracy guys use anything close to the web of knowledge??

No, nothing like the web of knowledge, but Ricardo wears suspenders! :rofl:

Dan

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Sigung86

No, nothing like the web of knowledge, but Ricardo wears suspenders! :rofl:

Dan

Yep, gotta have something to hold that Black belt up with. They don't make them like they used to!:wink:

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I prefer joint locks myself.. doesn't matter how much power you have against your opponent.. getting a good joint lock allows you to gain control in a hurry and without much effort utilize any other technique you want (dependent on the situation).

throws are good too.. Tuesday night I was sparring with Stickdummy and he kinda makes up his own rules hahaa.. he got me in a choke from behind.. and if he hadn't just had a car accident a couple weeks ago.. he would of been on the floor.. but being the nice person I am.. *still regretting getting that shot into his chest..~!!*
I think just about every fight has extremially good potential for ending up on the ground.. so utlizing locks is exceptionally good for women.

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by KenpoTess

I prefer joint locks myself.. doesn't matter how much power you have against your opponent.. getting a good joint lock allows you to gain control in a hurry and without much effort utilize any other technique you want (dependent on the situation).

throws are good too.. Tuesday night I was sparring with Stickdummy and he kinda makes up his own rules hahaa.. he got me in a choke from behind.. and if he hadn't just had a car accident a couple weeks ago.. he would of been on the floor.. but being the nice person I am.. *still regretting getting that shot into his chest..~!!*
I think just about every fight has extremially good potential for ending up on the ground.. so utlizing locks is exceptionally good for women.

Seig has created a Monster!:anic:

Latest Discussions