which to choose

trueaspirer

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have a little time yet, but can I have some opinions on which chinese martial art to choose? I was thinking about shaoling kungfu...it fits my body type,I think.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It might be easier to respond if you first tell us what are available in your area, that you might be able to actually train in. Otherwise we are just sort of shooting in the dark with a bunch of unuseful info if the art isn't taught near you.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
trueaspirer said:
I have a little time yet, but can I have some opinions on which chinese martial art to choose? I was thinking about shaoling kungfu...it fits my body type,I think.
what is your body type, and how did you see that shaolin KF fits it? im just wondering. i think it's interesting to know.

Unfortunately in the US what dictates which art you are going to enroll in is mostly location and commute! sadly.

feel free to tell us more on what you like so we can tell you what we know and help you make the decision.

dmax999

Blue Belt
Reaction score
From another point of view, Shaolin would be a good one to start with. Its basics are solid and can be transfered directly to most other (not all) CMAs.

If you don't have any idea what to do, that would be a good start for a year or two until you have a better idea of what you want from MAs. Shaolin may also fit your goals for long term as well.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Latest Discussions