CMA in MMA

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
he made a valid point.1 i make at my seminars all the time.How do you realy know what you train has done what you want.Can you realy defend yourself.When I turn up the heat & bring out the pads 9 out of 10 times the answer is no they can not.Belt & trophies dont fight back.Set a trophie in the street in front of a guy on Pcp & see if that protects you.(These are points I make ) & I understand being an Army vet.(Combat is combat.Its not war games.)

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
mantis said:
oh brother, not again!

Actually I am truly interested in seeing how he does, I have watched a few Cung Le matches in San Shou as well. And I am honestly not looking to prove anything here, because it won't.

Cung Le is still not the typical Chinese Martial artists. He is, after all a ring fighter, trained in Sanshou, and a very good one at that. But it will be interesting to see how a Sanshou guy does in MMA.

And if you want to actually compare CMA and MMA you need to do it comparing Sanshou and MMA not Tai Chi and MMA or Wing Chun and MMA or Shaolin and MMA those CMA styles are fundamentally different when it comes to training and goal from MMA.

And if you read the article he appears to already allude to the fact he has been hit harder in MMA than Sanshou, but he still won that match.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hope he continues and fights some really skilled MMA fighters, would be very interesting to see how he does. Note: How he does not how his style does.

7sm

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
7starmantis said:
I hope he continues and fights some really skilled MMA fighters, would be very interesting to see how he does. Note: How he does not how his style does.

7sm

I hope he does too.

He is starting at the bottom, because that is where he feels he should. He is champion Sanshou, not MMA.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think it is going to be interesting to say the least. I am looking forward to seeing how this guy will fight against the MMA. Oh, again I have to agree with Monkey. I was a young Marine Corps Corporal in Haiti in 1994. During riot control and house to house fighting it was off the hook. Front upraising kicks and hapkido cane were very effective.

Afterall, if it is a fight then there are no rules. If there are rules then there is a gymnasium involved somehow.

Latest Discussions