Which belt to buy

Karateboy

White Belt
Reaction score
Time for a new belt for me. My old cotton (not sure of brand) is grey and worn out. It's like my favorite pair of jeans, old, worn out, fits good yet still thick and stiff. I'm looking into something like that shiny satin material because I hear those break in faster and fit better. I don't really want it to stick out and be super stiff. I also want something I can order in the USA and not have to get from overseas. KI int'l, shureido, juka-dragon, tokaido, kamikaze, tokon? Any suggestions or pictures so I can compare?

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
In Judo we use Fuji and HSU, both are great belts that last a long time and are not very expensive... I am not into the embroidery thing so not sure how they are hold up when being customized...

If you want a pimped out belt maybe try eosinpanther.

OP
K

Karateboy

White Belt
Reaction score
In Judo we use Fuji and HSU, both are great belts that last a long time and are not very expensive... I am not into the embroidery thing so not sure how they are hold up when being customized...

If you want a pimped out belt maybe try eosinpanther.

No, not much for pimping it, just a nice satin or silk belt that hangs well

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The brands I prefer are Tokon, Shureido, and Tokaido. Mizuno is also a nice choice.

In terms of pricing, Mizuno is the least expensive, with Tokon and Tokaido also being fairly inexpensive.

You can buy Tokon directly from Marcus' company, at tokon.com and can buy Tokaido at any of the larger retailers, such as karatedepot.com or others.

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have a nice eosin panther plain sattin black belt, it's nice. You should try to look on easin panther web site.

Manny

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Eosin Panther is nice. I have one that I love. Kataaro seems to have nice ones, but I have never held one. Check Kataaro's Facebook page for some good pics.
Still, my favorite is my ten dollar 2" black belt from KWON. I love its feel, weight, and look.

AoG

Latest Discussions