When my Son was 2....

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
...I began teaching him Ju Jitsu...

18.jpg

...when he became 4 I added Kenpo....

KenpoSon2.jpg

...Yesterday at age 6 I thought I could still take him. So I tackled him to the ground from behind and started raining punches. This nut rolls to guard and blocks punches with his feet....I thought it was luck he was blocking...he proved me VERY wrong so we took some pics of the final result.

03-21-07_1830.jpg

03-21-07_1831.jpg

Hawkins IV by armbar. The surprising part is 1) I didn't give him the arm he got it himself 2) I didn't tell him what to do or how to do it so all the "details" the grapplers see he did on his own and 3) we haven't worked Ju Jitsu or Kenpo in a long time together as he seemed to lose interest and I didn't want to force him. I'm beyond happy right now, I guess it's time to start teaching him again?

Just felt like sharing, this is a good time for me.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great pics. You have alot to be proud of. Thanks for sharing

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
...I began teaching him Ju Jitsu...

18.jpg

...when he became 4 I added Kenpo....

KenpoSon2.jpg

...Yesterday at age 6 I thought I could still take him. So I tackled him to the ground from behind and started raining punches. This nut rolls to guard and blocks punches with his feet....I thought it was luck he was blocking...he proved me VERY wrong so we took some pics of the final result.

03-21-07_1830.jpg

03-21-07_1831.jpg

Hawkins IV by armbar. The surprising part is 1) I didn't give him the arm he got it himself 2) I didn't tell him what to do or how to do it so all the "details" the grapplers see he did on his own and 3) we haven't worked Ju Jitsu or Kenpo in a long time together as he seemed to lose interest and I didn't want to force him. I'm beyond happy right now, I guess it's time to start teaching him again?

Just felt like sharing, this is a good time for me.
Dam, I've been talking to the wrong Hawkins.