When an author leaves cliffhangers

O'Malley

Black Belt
Reaction score
I really hate cliffhangers. And do you know what's the worst part about them?

Well

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If people think Im moaning about it and if they think that's unfair that's their problem.

Nope it's not our problem that you are whinging, it's yours, we are just replying to you. Btw do you read adult fiction or did you read these books as a child and it's still bothering you that they don't end how you think they should ? The fact you think they should finish how you want them to is very presumptuous.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nope it's not our problem that you are whinging, it's yours, we are just replying to you. Btw do you read adult fiction or did you read these books as a child and it's still bothering you that they don't end how you think they should ? The fact you think they should finish how you want them to is very presumptuous.
How the book ended is not bothering me, not anymore. It was my friend who said the author was unfair not me. I do read some adult fiction too but unfortunately some of the great adult classics can be hard to find in modern adult bookstores that often like to keep more current stuff on their shelves.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the author was unfair not me.

What is unfair is blaming an author, they spend time and considerable effort writing and for you to blame them for your dissatisfaction is incredibly unfair.
I think if you are looking in 'adult bookstores' you are looking in the wrong places! Bookshops sell all sorts of books, you can also buy books online and in secondhand bookshops. Classic books never go out of fashion.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I think it's highly unlikely George R R Martin will ever finish the Game of Thrones series. I doubt we'll ever know how he would have wrapped that up. Unfortunately, all we'll have is Season 8 of the HBO series. Booo. :)

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
For me, Robert B. Parker started a few thread ideas in the Spenser series that were not able to be fully explored before he died. Its just the way it is, and while fun to speculate no reason to lose sleep over it.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
What is unfair is blaming an author, they spend time and considerable effort writing and for you to blame them for your dissatisfaction is incredibly unfair.
Did you read my whole post? Back in post #44 I said, "It was my friend who said the author was unfair not me." Another words, it was my friend back in elementary school who said that the author, Elwyn, was unfair, it was not me who said Elwyn was unfair.

You are slicing apart my posts and changing the meaning of what Im saying.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you read my whole post? Back in post #44 I said, "It was my friend who said the author was unfair not me." Another words, it was my friend back in elementary school who said that the author, Elwyn, was unfair, it was not me who said Elwyn was unfair.

You are slicing apart my posts and changing the meaning of what Im saying.

My dear, I did read it, and you are confused. I know your friend said that. I am not changing the meaning, if there is one, of your posts at all, you are just feeling aggrieved because others don't feel the same way about the subject as you do and you want them to so that you can feel justified in posting.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
My dear, I did read it, and you are confused. I know your friend said that. I am not changing the meaning, if there is one, of your posts at all, you are just feeling aggrieved because others don't feel the same way about the subject as you do and you want them to so that you can feel justified in posting.
I don't feel aggrieved, where did you get that idea?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't feel aggrieved, where did you get that idea?

The idea is there because you can't seem to get over this. You have been posting on this thread since you started it in 2017! Surely it's time to let it go.

Latest Discussions