What would your "man cave" look like? :D

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
At a superbowl gathering tonight, I was chatting a bit with my friend Geoff. Last time we crossed paths, some friends of ours and I were helping him move in to his first home. I was taking some boxes in to the basement, and saw that the basement had two finished rooms, although the rooms were quite small. One looked like it was previously used as an office. The other looked like it may have been a spare bedroom or TV room. While the rooms were indeed finished, they were painted in very garish colors. Those hideous rooms became the butt of many improvised tall tales as we unloaded the truck. "Its the 'interview room' for those FBI suspects that won't talk." "Its the missing death chamber for the NH Department of Corrections"

Geoff says the two smaller rooms will be converted to one larger room, that he has dubbed his "man cave". He's planning on setting up his computer/gaming rigs in there...along with a small fridge to keep a supply of refreshments close at hand :D

If you were Geoff', what would your "man cave" have in it?

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My "man cave" would have exactly what Geoff has with some personal touch of my own. Things from my past that meant something. A place where if I set something down it will be in that same exact place where I left it. :) The one thing it won't have is my wonderful wife, because after all this is "my" hiding place you know.....
In a perfect world she will have her own little cave, a "woman cave" so to speak, where never the twain shall meet. Dream on......... :)

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Mine would look something like this and I would call it The Study.

[yt]C6vwqq5ISPY[/yt]

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine looks like an office, mostly. No TV, because I'm not much for TV. Computers, lots and lots of books, a wall covered with various sharp objects, an area where the SCUBA gear is stored, a work table where I sharpen various sharp object, clean guns and the like.

trijohn

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello All... I hope you're ok with me commenting. Speaking of man-cave, I just completed a little work in mine over the weekend, in which I'd separated into 2 parts. Half is my private studio where I can teach up to 10 students, the other half is my lounging area, office, TV on my wall, giant recliner. I totally agree with the last response "Wife Free Zone"! It's my own personal area to decomprise. I'll even do all the cleaning, lol

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Mine certainly would not be wife free. But, I may consider putting a lock on the door so she can lock it on her way in if she would like.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mine certainly would not be wife free. But, I may consider putting a lock on the door so she can lock it on her way in if she would like.

VerNice ;)

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello All... I hope you're ok with me commenting. Speaking of man-cave, I just completed a little work in mine over the weekend, in which I'd separated into 2 parts. Half is my private studio where I can teach up to 10 students, the other half is my lounging area, office, TV on my wall, giant recliner. I totally agree with the last response "Wife Free Zone"! It's my own personal area to decomprise. I'll even do all the cleaning, lol

Absolutely OK! Glad you jumped in, the water's fine. Sounds like a cool setup you have there :)

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
that would be pretty cool... id have a sign on the door "warning if your not tough or manly enough then full force will be used" in the room have a big 70" tv on the corner, a make your own hamburger station by the wall(yes there is bacon) and a lot of swords from broadswords, to hook swords, to butterfly knives, to kama all the way to guns like desert eagles to spaz-12 shotgun(and more...) a really big couch that covers the back wall, a waterbed(come on who doesn't want one) to finish it there will be two windows one facing outside and one on the wall the door you came in with(they will both be one way) so you can see outside but the people outside cant see inside.

rlobrecht

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Mine has a heavy bag hanging in one corner, 60 gallon aquarium in another, large glass desk with Mac in the third corner, and book shelves in the last. A folding treadmill and lateral filing cabinet are along one wall. A shelf runs around the top of two walls with Star Wars collectibles on it.