What would You Do?

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mrhnau said:
Couple of things...

1) just practice what you know. see if you can find someone that might be interested in joining. Does not need to be an expert, just someone to "goof off" with and practice some. If your school closed, keeping in touch with some of the students might be a good option. You could possibly see if a senior student wants to teach a little bit. If practicing w/ someone your level You might not learn alot, but you won't forget what you have learned.

2) Travel further, if you are seriously devoted and going to die w/out training. You can likely find someone in an hour drive. Not the best option, but if you are that fanatic and have reliable wheels, it could work.

3) go to seminars periodically. Might need to travel, but the training seems pretty condensed.

4) I hate to say it, but you could go the book/dvd route. Not preferable, but if no other options are left, you could try that.

There may not be any expert teachers around, but there might be someone w/ a bit of knowledge to share in your vicinity that does not have an official dojo. Keep your eyes/ears open!

This is all good advice. I would do the above plus practice on my own! (alot) That way I would be keeping my skills sharp.

Brian R. VanCise
www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mrhnau said:
Couple of things...

1) Travel further, if you are seriously devoted and going to die w/out training. You can likely find someone in an hour drive. Not the best option, but if you are that fanatic and have reliable wheels, it could work.

2) go to seminars periodically. Might need to travel, but the training seems pretty condensed.

That goes for me too.

Latest Discussions