What less lethal weapons if any should police carry?

OP
J

jaime_lion

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Sure. The department I currently work for does not have a "Use of Force Policy". Nor does it have a "Use of Force Continuum".

There is no paperwork on either.

If this sounds rather rinky dink that's because it is rather rinky dink.

So, let me ask you, are you a police officer? If you are, you should know that different departments on county, state and federal levels can be vastly different in the way they do or don't do things. Unless you're a rookie, in which case you'll be experiencing a lot of things that might not have been covered in the academy.

And if you are a rookie, fasten your seat belt, brother, you're going to be experiencing a whole lot of things you've never even thought about before.

Not a police officer I have worked security before. Also I know things can vary from department to department I just did not think this much.

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So please explain how a less lethal weapon allows the officers more levels of force? I am not seeing it.
Did you have that much trouble understanding what I wrote? You have stated you have carried a variety of weapons. Are they all strictly lethal? If not, why bother if they are no more effective than empty hands?

Latest Discussions