What Is Your Favorite Martial Art?

NinjaBurr

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Now I know there are probably dozens of this same thread, but I'd like to know whast's your favorite Martial Art and why you like it and give some information on it, I'd like to know some info on it.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
DBMA, not really a style, it is more of a way of life. I know Marc Denny is a great FMA guy, but the different styles under the DBMA umbrella is what makes it great and it is NOT for everyone.

Em MacIntosh

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Whoo boy...I got a list. Starting with ma favs: JKD(I don't consider it an art, some might), Kempo, Wing Chun, Combat Sambo, La Savatte, Pankration, Fistacuffs (bareknuckle boxing), Krav Maga and eventually...Karate (for specifics, Goju-Ryu). I only train in Chito-Ryu, Kickboxing and Jiu-Jitsu myself.

Langenschwert

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My favourite Martial Art is the Kunst des Fechtens (also called Fechtkunst), the Martial Art of Medieval and Renaissance Germany. It means literally "The Art of Fighting". It's both an armed and unarmed art, codified and taught by Johannes Liechtenauer in the 1300's.

I also enjoy Italian Rapier, and well... just about any Western Martial Art one could care to mention. I really enjoy watching MMA as well. :)

Best regards,

-Mark

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I separate the arts for teaching purposes but I would have to say that to me, everything I have learned is kind of one big art to me now.
Its all my art.
I like different things about each and couldn't really pick one but Modern Arnis is close to my heart as I learned it from the GM.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The one I learned and pass on, it has been good enough for me for over 35 years. Yes I learn from other arts and always will but this is my core art. I think perhaps sometimes it is the instructor that makes a diffrence sometimes it is the art itslef and what is with in it that make a diffrence.

I also Love doing Pai Lum and have been around the art practiced it off and on and worked and and learned from DR. Pai and many of the students he taught and thier students. I consider it as much of what I do as Sikaran.

My 3rd would be any of the FMA and Aikido

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nihon Goshin Aikido. I started training almost 20 years ago and I was hooked. I've trained in other styles, both before and during that time, and have always enjoyed myself, but NGA is definetly my favorite.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Taekwon-do - after 20 years, while I would like to cross-train, and there are quite a few I've read about, it's the one I love.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well I started in Shorin-Ryu many years ago, and the will always hold a special place in my heart..My new passion is Combat Hapkido..

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Shaolin Kempo and Kung Fu San Soo blended. Either is great. One sharpened against the other is just FUN.

OP
NinjaBurr

NinjaBurr

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Very nice, all of them I searched up a bit and read some info on them.

Thanks Guys.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well I'd have to say I'm a big fan of the Chinese internal arts - Xingyi, Bagua, and Taiji. But my favourite is the one I have been practicing for the last twenty years - Bagua.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Dreaded Kwan Lun Toad Style (cf. Kung Fu Hustle).

What else :p

qi-tah

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Well I'd have to say I'm a big fan of the Chinese internal arts - Xingyi, Bagua, and Taiji. But my favourite is the one I have been practicing for the last twenty years - Bagua.

Yep, with you there... baji looks amazing too.
I also love Capoeira... damn, i miss it so much sometimes
icon9.gif

I'm also a big fan of Aikido

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wado Ryu karate. I love it for the tecnical depth, well structured and balanced curriculum and the attention to human atonomy.

Latest Discussions