What is your favorite gun...

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This should be a simple one...what's your favorite firearm. It could be one you own, or don't own.

I'm more of a a pistolcraft guy so...

My favorite is Sig Sauer 225 9mm for civilian use. I would probably prefer the 226 if I knew I was going to be in a firefight and needed a lot of rounds.

I would like to get a couple of single action Colt .45 Army issue's to play with at some point as well...just call me Jose Whales, :rolleyes:

How about you...what is your favorite?

Paul :ultracool

I

ipscshooter

That's like asking "which one of your children is your favorite?" I've got 20+ firearms. Love 'em all...

The one I shoot the most often is my ParaOrdnance P14-45 Limited.

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Colt .45 Army issue's to play with at some point as well...just call me Jose Whales
Those were colt Walker's actually....

Most fun to shoot (at the moment) is my Marlin .17 HMR.
Favorite? That's like asking my favorite kind of beer...so many varieties; most soooo good.

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
dearnis.com said:
Those were colt Walker's actually....

Most fun to shoot (at the moment) is my Marlin .17 HMR.
Favorite? That's like asking my favorite kind of beer...so many varieties; most soooo good.

REEEEEEALY? I couldn't really tell when I watched the film. I am going to look for some pics of colt Walker's, to further fulfill my fantasy of being Jose Whales... :rolleyes:

But, please tell me that those Walkers were .45's... :)

My favorite used to be a Colt 1911, but my Glock 23 changed my mind.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
REEEEEEALY? I couldn't really tell when I watched the film. I am going to look for some pics of colt Walker's, to further fulfill my fantasy of being Jose Whales... :rolleyes:

But, please tell me that those Walkers were .45's... :)
2569-20.jpg

Yeah, the Walkers were a .45, actually, the Colt Walker was the original magnum and even though it was/is a blackpowder weapon it wasn't until the birth of the .44 rem. magnum that it lost it's "king of the handguns" status. More trivia, Clint Eastwood used dummies made out of rubber in the movie so he could twirl them around without hurting his hands (the Walker weighs 4 lbs.)

As for my fav. 1911 in .45. Colt's and Springfields are fine, Kimber is better, one day when I've got money (yeah right :rolleyes: ) I'd like one that's been customized by someone like Larry Vickers or Paul Leibenberg.

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The Walker was never that common, but it had a reputation. You can find reproductions, and likely kits as well (building a black powder revolver kit is a *****, but very rewarding in the end). Incidentally, cap and ball revolvers are not considered handguns, and they (and kits) may usuually be ordered via mail or online. Check Dixie Gun Works (also there are non-firing replicas for those more into twirling.

As an aside the Colt Walker re-appears with Clint many years later; Gene Hackman discusses the weapons alleged failings at some length in telling the story of English Bob and "2 Gun" Corcran.

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmmmm....

So the Walker was a black powder? Knowing this takes away some realism from the movie...there is no way he could have reloaded a black powder gun fast enough to take out as many people as he did in the film.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Tulisan said:
This should be a simple one...what's your favorite firearm. It could be one you own, or don't own.

I'm more of a a pistolcraft guy so...

My favorite is Sig Sauer 225 9mm for civilian use. I would probably prefer the 226 if I knew I was going to be in a firefight and needed a lot of rounds.

I would like to get a couple of single action Colt .45 Army issue's to play with at some point as well...just call me Jose Whales, :rolleyes:

How about you...what is your favorite?

Paul :ultracool
Paul,
Look into Rock Island Armory's .45 knock off. You may have to spend an additional $20 to respring it, (Remember the article on the .45 written by Stick Dummy? That was my gun), but it's about half the price of a Colt or a Kimber.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Tulisan said:
Hmmmm....

So the Walker was a black powder? Knowing this takes away some realism from the movie...there is no way he could have reloaded a black powder gun fast enough to take out as many people as he did in the film.
He could have changed the cylinders. It is a fact that in the mid 1800s most people that carried cap and ball pistols carried multiple cylinders for each weapon. Then when they ran empty, they could break the weapon down and slap in a new one, pre-loaded.

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Seig said:
Paul,
Look into Rock Island Armory's .45 knock off. You may have to spend an additional $20 to respring it, (Remember the article on the .45 written by Stick Dummy? That was my gun), but it's about half the price of a Colt or a Kimber.

Thanks Seig...I'll look into that.

He could have changed the cylinders. It is a fact that in the mid 1800s most people that carried cap and ball pistols carried multiple cylinders for each weapon. Then when they ran empty, they could break the weapon down and slap in a new one, pre-loaded.

Ahh...of course! Now I feel dumb...but hey, at least my Jose Whales fantasy is still in tact...It's real..it's all real... :D

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The cylinder change was actually brought out in one of Clint's other westerns- Pale Rider.

(Not an endorsement of westerns as trainingguides or documentaries....an endorsement of westerns 'cause not liking them is un-American!!!)

E

Escrima Demon

Out of many of my favorite handguns the .40 cal. Glock 27 has to be my personal favorite.

It delivers a good punch and it's size gives you the ability to carry it almost anywhere.(with the proper weapons concealment license.)

:shotgun:
P.S. Mr. Seigel,my dad got the stocks fixed.He said to give him a call.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
dearnis.com said:
The cylinder change was actually brought out in one of Clint's other westerns- Pale Rider.
Yeah but unless I'm mistaken, in Pale Rider he used a '58 Remington.
PRR025.jpg

(yes, I do realize that the fact that I can call to mind the specific models used in old "B" movies is somewhat pathetic :D)

Latest Discussions