What is Old is New again

harlan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving and hope all is well with the Martial Talk community. :)

I got an auto-generated email this week from this site about recent posts...and decided to 'check in'.

While the recent activity was minimal...I did recognize some 'old-timer' posts...and it did my heart good to see some folks hadn't given up on the forum.

I was never a 'mover an shaker' in the old days...but always appreciated the forum style of communication. When Facebook blasted on-stage...most martial arts sites abandoned the expensive 'forum' style and
transitioned to Facebook.

YUCH! It didn't compare. No designated moderators. No continual topic-specific threads. It was a miasmic mess!

MartialTalk seems to have survived. And happy to see it.

Best wishes to all that keep this site going. :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving and hope all is well with the Martial Talk community. :)

I got an auto-generated email this week from this site about recent posts...and decided to 'check in'.

While the recent activity was minimal...I did recognize some 'old-timer' posts...and it did my heart good to see some folks hadn't given up on the forum.

I was never a 'mover an shaker' in the old days...but always appreciated the forum style of communication. When Facebook blasted on-stage...most martial arts sites abandoned the expensive 'forum' style and
transitioned to Facebook.

YUCH! It didn't compare. No designated moderators. No continual topic-specific threads. It was a miasmic mess!

MartialTalk seems to have survived. And happy to see it.

Best wishes to all that keep this site going. :)
Nice to see you! I've had a sabbatical from here, life events getting in the way, so I'm just back.

OP
H

harlan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Ditto. Life happens. All the while, recollection of forums past were in the background. One stops in...and so nice to see familiar faces. Thank you for keeping the flame going.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome back!! I dont think we've had the pleasure of meeting, but nice to meet'cha! Some great and insightful conversations still being had here for sure :)

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
Been here on and off for years now, it's good to be back semi regularly. Interesting to see the topics that come around again and again, nice to see the responses here through new eyes and minds.

Latest Discussions