What Have You Done For Kenpo Lately?

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
If you're a 3rd degree Black Belt or above, what have you done to earn the so-called "political" ranks of 4th and beyond?

1. Are you actively teaching on a regular or semi-regular basis, passing on your knowledge to those that seek it?
Every Day.

2. Have you written any books concerning Kenpo?

No, I do not feel qualified.

3. Have you promoted any tournaments or seminars in order to spread the word of Kenpo?
Yes, at least two seminars a year. Working on more things to come.

4. Have you developed any training aids that would assist the average Kenpoist to become a better Kenpoist?
I'd like to think so.

5. Have you made any videos that would aid Kenpoists and non-Kenpoists to become interested in Kenpo or it's principles, theories, and concepts?
Nope, not yet. If I do, they will be for my students only.

6. Have any of your contributions to Kenpo been on the national or international level to reach the worldwide scope of Kenpoists and non-Kenpoists alike?
Time will tell.

7. Do you head an organization of substanstial numbers and contribute to member's skills thru seminars or correspondence?
No, and I think that anyone at my rank that tries to head an organization is an idiot with delusions of grandeur.

8. Have you contributed to the art of Kenpo in any way?
I like to believe I have.

M

marshallbd

Originally posted by Seig
Every Day.

No, I do not feel qualified.

Yes, at least two seminars a year. Working on more things to come.

I'd like to think so.

Nope, not yet. If I do, they will be for my students only.

Time will tell.

No, and I think that anyone at my rank that tries to head an organization is an idiot with delusions of grandeur.

I like to believe I have. [/B]
Mr Seigal, Well said!
Respects,
Beau

PS Look forward to beggining training with you after I complete my move out your way!

sumdumguy

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well as much as I hate to admit it, Clyde does have a point with his posting. I do not however agree with the format in which he posted.
And I also have to agree with some of the rest of you where being "global" maybe isn't really that important for some, and definetly is a rediculous notion to think that all Kenpoists at "x" rank should be global in their effect on kenpo. Any good kenpo instructor is (in time) going to fullfill most of those things, probably more as a side effect to what there real goals are more than a direct goal. Many do have dilusions of granduer and that's why all negativisms with in the kenpo comunity.

Latest Discussions