What features do you want in Martial Arts school software?

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, if you mean me...

We are focusing right now on ASP.NET 2, although 2/3 of us have "day jobs" doing J2EE on JBoss.

I really appreciate and love the idea of many contributors... I've tried that kind of thing as early as 1990. And for the most part, the lesson I learned is "you get what you pay for". If I'm not paying Joe Coder, I have no leverage over him to force him to a deadline ROFL

If I need skilled resources I prefer to pay for them, especially on a project that might actually generate income... keeps things more simple.

So get your resume polished up and I'l look you up this spring :)

How about some competition? ;)

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, if you mean me...

We are focusing right now on ASP.NET 2, although 2/3 of us have "day jobs" doing J2EE on JBoss.

I really appreciate and love the idea of many contributors... I've tried that kind of thing as early as 1990. And for the most part, the lesson I learned is "you get what you pay for". If I'm not paying Joe Coder, I have no leverage over him to force him to a deadline ROFL

If I need skilled resources I prefer to pay for them, especially on a project that might actually generate income... keeps things more simple.

So get your resume polished up and I'l look you up this spring :)

Ah, I see, this will be a commercial venture. i was getting confused since there seems to be about 3 different camps pursuing an idea like this. Good luck, unfortuneately, as a consultant my employment contract has some no compete clauses in it for working on other commercial projects. However, there's nothing stopping me contributing to an open source project. Best of luck to you, and I hope you can get some return on your investment.

Not to steal your prospective clients, but I think I may write something for my organization and use it as a tool to learn the whole Ruby on Rails framework. Don't worry, we wouldn't have the money to buy a product anyways...:ultracool

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ah, I see, this will be a commercial venture. i was getting confused since there seems to be about 3 different camps pursuing an idea like this. Good luck, unfortuneately, as a consultant my employment contract has some no compete clauses in it for working on other commercial projects. However, there's nothing stopping me contributing to an open source project. Best of luck to you, and I hope you can get some return on your investment.

Not to steal your prospective clients, but I think I may write something for my organization and use it as a tool to learn the whole Ruby on Rails framework. Don't worry, we wouldn't have the money to buy a product anyways...:ultracool

Out goal is not a product for sale, but a service you can use... it will act and look like your own school management system but it will be completely web-based and hosted on our servers... so instead of paying a big purhcase price up front a school owner could pay a small amount each month...

When I was young and had nobody depending on me I could afford non-commercial ventures... but by the end of this year I will be supporting 3 brains in college, so any hour I can get paid for is a good one.

Senjojutsu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So its been about five years since I was helping my Sensei with purchasing this type of software.

May I ask any SME online what/who are the major players today in this area?

BTW, again over five years ago, we purchased a nice little program called Pastors Helpmate 2000.

It's amazing how the organizational needs of churches and MA schools are intertwined.

Praise the Lord and hit the makiwara!
:)

Master Ken

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Me personally I use DojoMba V4, it has a lot of neat stuff in it, bulk email, updates all the sudents note files when you email them, insert seminars. grading etc, I converted the Gup certificates so the software now prints them out after a grading.

it also has a good POS system.

The only downside of it was that it was American based so after a but of 'tweaking' it is now UK based.

regards,

Master Ken

Latest Discussions