what do you think?

yipman_sifu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What is in your opinions the best instructional movie or a clip in Wing Chun. Most of the people I knew told me it is the movie "Wing Chun - The Science Of In-Fighting " of the legend Wong Sheung Leung, so what do you think?.

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
yipman_sifu said:
What is in your opinions the best instructional movie or a clip in Wing Chun. Most of the people I knew told me it is the movie "Wing Chun - The Science Of In-Fighting " of the legend Wong Sheung Leung, so what do you think?.

I like that video, i was half tempted to buy the short chum kui seminar of his that was recently released, have you seen it?

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Apparantly WSL was quite sick during the production of the video and there are a number of errors in it. But in terms of general concept it is worth watching. I really dont have much time for videos, as they have very limited value in terms of actually teaching you any thing, and some of the concepts you see in the videos may clash with what your Sifu is teaching you, which will therefore set your training back. I feel the same about books etc.

OP
yipman_sifu

yipman_sifu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I think that WSL is a real great master, and as we all know, he was responsible for many changes made in Wing Chun, because he advised Yipman himself to change some of the moves to make them more effecient.

Does anyone knows other videos he appears in than "The sciense of in fighting"?.

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
yipman_sifu said:
Does anyone knows other videos he appears in than "The sciense of in fighting"?.

Well other than the chum kui seminar that i mentioned there is also a sui lim tao seminar dvd thats around. Theres possibly other footage around too as the chum kui seminar is really short so it has also got some dummy stuff on there too.

Latest Discussions