What are your main principles in martial art depending on ?

OP
Sensei_trigondo

Sensei_trigondo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
thank you. for now i will send a photo of 2017 from me when i have "assembled" my
wood weapon specially for my martial art that fits me best. he he
a "little sweat" on the t-shirt after work.
that's me.
of course i will type here my additional station too... later. it's late here. take a rest.
a friend

ps. don't take all rights reserved to serious, but it was an amount of work for that, so i protected it.

hans-holz.JPG

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My main principles are boxing kickboxing wrestling, BJJ and muay thai.

So static guards supported by defensive movement. Importance on structure and positional dominance in grappling. And staning up from the ground.

So a lot of interchangeable basic ideas of structure and efficiency solving problems before I have to deal with them.

I think.

I may not have understood the assignment.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Here are my questions:

1. Is it proper to call yourself "Sensei"?
2. In your video, you move back your leg into a bow-arrow stance without turning your head first. Since you are dealing with multiple opponents, do you take the risk that your opponent behind you may attack your extended leg?
3. Does the weapon you designed have any relationship with the CMA weapon (as shown in the following clip)?

What are your main principles in martial art depending on ?​

The following are the Chinese wrestling principles:

撕(Si) - Tearing
崩(Beng) - Cracking
捅(Tong) - Striking push
褪(tun) - Hand pushing
肘(Zhou) - Elbow pressing
蓋(Gai) - Covering hands
攞(Lou)- Pulling hands
搖(Yao) - Body-shaking hands
捯(Dao) - Reverse arm-holding
抖(Dou) – Shaking
分(Fen) - Separate hands
掖(Ye) - Hand tucking
引(Yin) - Arm guiding
捧(Peng) - Arm raising
架(Jia) - Elbow Locking
圈(Quan) – Under hook
抄(Chao) - Over hook
抹(Mo) – Wiping
偏(Pian) – Head circling
夾(Jia) – Clamping head
摘(Zai) – Helmet removing
摀(Wu) – Face covering
速(Su) – Forehead push
墬(Zhui) - Sticking drop
撈 (Lao) – Leg seize
環(Huan) – Neck surrounding
托(Tuo) – Chin pushing
封(Feng) – Throat/waist blocking
撒(Sa) – Casting
飄(Piao) - Floating hand

Last edited:

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
If you would like to test out these weapons against people who are really trying to hit you back the European Open Gathering for the Dog Brothers is on April 9 in Leipzig. Just make a version that doesn't have the spikes on them, there are some guys who will fight you with them but you will find more fights if you take the spikes off. If you wanted to fight with the spikes on the other fighters would have to use a stick that was pointy as well.

If you don't know what the Dog Brothers are, these are the Euro crowd. The guys I have met from Germany are wonderful people, a little crazy, but great people.

OP
Sensei_trigondo

Sensei_trigondo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hello, i am back again.
i will answer the questions of Kung Fu Wang first if you don't mind.

OP
Sensei_trigondo

Sensei_trigondo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Here are my questions:

1. Is it proper to call yourself "Sensei"?
2. In your video, you move back your leg into a bow-arrow stance without turning your head first. Since you are dealing with multiple opponents, do you take the risk that your opponent behind you may attack your extended leg?
3. Does the weapon you designed have any relationship with the CMA weapon (as shown in the following clip)?

What are your main principles in martial art depending on ?​

The following are the Chinese wrestling principles:

撕(Si) - Tearing
崩(Beng) - Cracking
捅(Tong) - Striking push
褪(tun) - Hand pushing
肘(Zhou) - Elbow pressing
蓋(Gai) - Covering hands
攞(Lou)- Pulling hands
搖(Yao) - Body-shaking hands
捯(Dao) - Reverse arm-holding
抖(Dou) – Shaking
分(Fen) - Separate hands
掖(Ye) - Hand tucking
引(Yin) - Arm guiding
捧(Peng) - Arm raising
架(Jia) - Elbow Locking
圈(Quan) – Under hook
抄(Chao) - Over hook
抹(Mo) – Wiping
偏(Pian) – Head circling
夾(Jia) – Clamping head
摘(Zai) – Helmet removing
摀(Wu) – Face covering
速(Su) – Forehead push
墬(Zhui) - Sticking drop
撈 (Lao) – Leg seize
環(Huan) – Neck surrounding
托(Tuo) – Chin pushing
封(Feng) – Throat/waist blocking
撒(Sa) – Casting
飄(Piao) - Floating hand
hello kungfu wang,
1. sensei ? i use because its a well know description. if you see it you think about a style
but it is right. i shave chosen better the name : teacher. simple teach an "option approach"
but i will teach and bulild a small team here to present the style in videos that are good.
3 man LIVE multiman fighting scenes.
currently i am just a teacher. i start at point 1 with that here , building the team by making a
training partner and dojo search in a german forum for , dojo independent fighters who just
want to do a frequent "extra training only on multiple opponents."
Everything else they already know and can.
2. If you practise that "trigon walk" for a while it will be "automated" such like allinone.
In yout mind you have the form. "outside are chaos situation attackers" you cannot clear at once anyway and if you "fix at one" you have lost the situation. (one man to one man principle)
So the main principle here is to do some steps automated very fast as one form.
If you do so it doesnt matter where you look like , of course together with the direction changing you also do a heavy accelerated kick or punch. could be that noone is there really.
again : one fixing on one and you lost. you are out of that situation as soon as possible.
there is a scene from Bolo Yeung in a movie where he fights a complete set , but looks in a
completely other direction where nothing is. don't know the name of the movie.
this scene shows a "intuitive trained set of actions while looking away such like car driving automated actions at the same time while "look through the window on mountains"
attacking the extended leg ?
yeah, you must be fast.
every fighter can receive a hard lowkick on his left leg in the fighting stance.
you know what i mean. example is the boxer stance. short, hard lowkick on that is the danger.
theese guys normally dont know how to defend that. you as kungfu know.
with the sole of your right foot you can block is across the left leg.
3. The wood weapon (could also be blacksmith from titan-steel)
No, i have only one problem to solve at that time (2017-2018)
The problem was and is : most indeed 90% of all wood and other metal budo weapons are not allowed to use in the open. The most ones are to long to transport and/or to heavy.
Dont. Know in the US but here all is prohibited, all CMA of course, tonfa, nunchaku etc.
All the damn things are not allowed.
You only can use them "in combination with your sport inside the dojo".
So i have the mussle full of that and sit on the table to "think" "think man, what can be done ?"
It must be of wood to be allowed.
The form must be new and good for defense with the option to make a "long massive block"
They must be the same speed as the normal body mechanic blocks.
They must be so small to fit in a shopping bag.
The handling must be smooth and harmonise with the fighter.
It must be possible to combine the two to one form.
End of terms : for attacking they must also have some sharp sides or points to attack.
oh i forget : i really got an eye on TONFAS. the handling.
but find the form incomplete for making secure hard blocks because your hands
are not in a complete secure place. even the "one angle approach" was to limited.
so i throw away that "tonfa design"
however, the handling of tonfas are the same as CMA you metioned here.

I hope theese answeres fir your questions well.

a friend teacher "option style" trigondo

Last edited:

Holmejr

Black Belt
Reaction score
When do we get to see the videos? Maybe a couple techniques, a flow drill or two that shows the general concept of your art.

OP
Sensei_trigondo

Sensei_trigondo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
When do we get to see the videos? Maybe a couple techniques, a flow drill or two that shows the general concept of your art.
hello , i start here at point zero for searching only 3 dojo independent fighters.
have made search on budo forums here in germany but it takes time. i will deliver THIS year 22.
even in my actual shotokan karate dojo i do here they make karate , nothing else.
they come there to make only that style.
i cannot accelerate the search of 3 ones that want to train independent.
at the time " i only have something" very heavy to describe i have seen without strict understandable video descriptions with some fighters. the one man show i have at this time is not enough and is irritating in the first way because you must read and read and test and test on your own first.
i will change that and present something.

OP
Sensei_trigondo

Sensei_trigondo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hello friends,
yeah my next station number 3 in martial arts.
After Hapkido dojo i changed the location to Dortmund town and was looking for a new dojo there.
I found one in Dortmund and was looking what they had to offer.
So i decited me to begin Teakwondo by Mr.Lan Ung Kim there , a wordwide well known sensei and teacher. I made his for a couple of years till the orange belt.
From that time on i took an eye of Kickboxing at the same trainer Lan and changed to kickboxing style
also for a couple of years but without any examinations in that field.
sparring and sequence training. My boxing routines from first station as kid supports me here.
After that station i changed completely to bodybuilding in the same Budo club which was a little bit
greater and had that. steel weights.
Afters 1 year i changed to a nearer located bodybuilding studio in dortmund.
i type next station in further post.
thanks

OP
Sensei_trigondo

Sensei_trigondo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hi there,
station number 4 in martial arts.
i changed my location to a new, but very small town for job reasons.
They had no fitness club. I decided to switch back to martial arts and searched a dojo.
Surprisingly found one with Hapkido.
Made it for additional years but with no examinations just for fitness resaons and to stay flexible.
thanks

OP
Sensei_trigondo

Sensei_trigondo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
last description to martial art stations. (thank you Xue Sheng for yours)
after that hapkidodojo i relocated again for job reasons and made a break in club sport for
around 20 years except jogging.
In 2017 i ordered some books on Chinese KungFu Styles and created that style "trigondo" on the basis
of my background i have till that time. I thought to create something.
The basis is chinese concept. A style to getout of a multiple attack in a smart form.
The weapon is an optional thing.
More profound representation videos must be made this year.

My last station as student is here in a Shotokan Karate Dojo for around half an year.
But i was fast and made the yellow belt currently.
A good man always falls back on his feet.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
last description to martial art stations. (thank you Xue Sheng for yours)
after that hapkidodojo i relocated again for job reasons and made a break in club sport for
around 20 years except jogging.
In 2017 i ordered some books on Chinese KungFu Styles and created that style "trigondo" on the basis
of my background i have till that time. I thought to create something.
The basis is chinese concept. A style to getout of a multiple attack in a smart form.
The weapon is an optional thing.
More profound representation videos must be made this year.

My last station as student is here in a Shotokan Karate Dojo for around half an year.
But i was fast and made the yellow belt currently.
A good man always falls back on his feet.

Wait, what!?

You based Trigondo on Chinese Martial arts from books you purchased!? No actual CMA training. I can tell you, from personal training experience. as well as training a few karate and TKD guys CMA, they are not the same, and have some pretty big differences

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the principals of the system that I train. I never really thought of it that way. I can only guess based on what I've been told. If I had to give a summary then it would be.
1. Speed - Choy Ga
2 Strength - Hung Ga
3. Agility - Northern Shaolin

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the principals of the system that I train. I never really thought of it that way. I can only guess based on what I've been told. If I had to give a summary then it would be.
1. Speed - Choy Ga
2 Strength - Hung Ga
3. Agility - Northern Shaolin
Principle can be something that you use to solve a certain problem.

For example, if you can use "separate hands" to separate my arms away from my head, since I will have nothing to stop your arm attack, you can attack my head at that moment.

By using the "separate hands" principle, the striking art can be simplified as:

- You right punch at me.
- I use left arm to block your punch from inside out. My left punch then punch back at you (because my left arm is between your right arm and your head).

Another principle can be "arm guide" that you guide your opponent's leading arm to jam his own back arm. This principle should exist in all MA systems.

A principle can map into many different techniques. This make the MA learning much easier.

Last edited:

bushido

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well, I will give you points for honesty Trigondo... You are not claiming to be something you're not.
I'm not much of a weapons guy myself. Sword, Cane, Tanto and pen are what I know and train. I find weapons to have 3 critical drawbacks... you begin to rely upon them more and more, They can be used against you, and you can get yourself in way over your head legally, and by that I mean you can cause more injury than you meant to, ending up being prosecuted for manslaughter, or worse.
I realize yours are for form work, but without practical application, I would perhaps focus on something more practical that you may have on or around your person in a pinch.
I wish you well though... Look forward to the videos :)

Latest Discussions