WFT & ITF Historic Memorandum

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't see it as all THAT big a step...

All it does is allow ITF Dan holders to compete in WTF events (and vice versa). Since the Kukkiwon has long been more than willing to issue rank equal to that held in another org, this is something that has always been possible (although I do not know if any of the ITF splinters issues assimilation ranks in this manner).

It's a step, but it's not earth shattering.

correct from a KKW/WTF perspective!

DETLTU

White Belt
Reaction score
I have seen nothing the KKW by laws that would allow strait across rank for rank exchange with any organization. Even with that it starts at 1st Dan which allows WTF completion but to progress it requires time in rank and you cannot jump 1-5th ect. no matter what paper work the organization or person submits.

I understand and expect that. I wouldn't even want a simple paperwork exchange and tada! here is your __ dan. It would be nice to be able to test for the same rank with WTF rules and Poomsae, but even just testing for 1st Dan would be good. All of this is just talk from me right now though, as I am in no shape to test for anything. I would have to train with a WTF school to really learn the patterns and get used to WTF style sparring. Not punching people in the head would probably be a big adjustment for me lol. I may start a new thread to discuss my particular situation.

Latest Discussions