Well, that was a hell of a 9/11...

Jonathan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
After two and half years of fighting breast cancer, and hospice since the 1st of the month- and several days of pain when she wasn't asleep- my mother-in-law took her last breath at 4:33 am on 9/11/07.

It's been hard on the family to watch her final days, but she passed very peacefully- and with all of her family there to usher her on to her new life.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's never an easy thing when someone close to you passes away. My commiserations and sympathies, tinged with the hope that in years to come the good memories will arise to drive out the bad.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jonathon, I'm very sorry to hear that your mother-in-law passed away. I lost mine, a warm and lovely woman whom I miss very much, ten years ago or so, from colorectal cancer, and she suffered terribly before she died; I hope yours wasn't in any pain at the end. It's doubly hard, losing them and also sensing the particularly intense grief of our spouses.

It took my wife two years to recover from her mother's death; they were very close. You may find it hits your wife hard, and for longer than you may think it will. She'll recover, of course, but there'll always be a kind of sadness there that wasn't there before... it happens to all of us, by the time we reach a certain point in our lives. We're all wishing you well during this awful time.

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Jonathon,

I'm sorry to hear about your dear mother-in-law. I know it was an emotional rollercoaster for you and your family during the entire time. I am glad that she is no longer suffering.

May God bring you and yours peace.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am sorry for your loss...To go peacefully after a tough fight is the most anyone can hope for...

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am so sorry for your loss, cancer is never an easy fight while i am sorry she didn't win this one i am glad that she is no longer fighting something so hard..

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am sorry for your loss

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Jonathan, I lost my grandfather to cancer in January. He was like a father to me. I feel for your loss... :(

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My condolences to you and your family on your loss.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
After two and half years of fighting breast cancer, and hospice since the 1st of the month- and several days of pain when she wasn't asleep- my mother-in-law took her last breath at 4:33 am on 9/11/07.

It's been hard on the family to watch her final days, but she passed very peacefully- and with all of her family there to usher her on to her new life.

Yes it sucks. I lost my mom, on 1/2/85 after almost 3.5 years of fighting a loosing battle with adrenal cancer. It is difficult to watch someone you care for be in that type of pain. My heart and feelings go out to you and others who have experienced or are experiencing this.

I all I can say is remember the good days and good times.
:asian:

Latest Discussions