Welcome to Speed!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
New Server is now operational. Still some minor tuning needed, and some software updates to install. But, for now, we're back!!!!! :D

Lemme know how it's looking, good and bad.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I turned on a bunch of little things I'd disabled way back when. Lets see what happens. :)

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, I've got most of the tweaking done. Gonna leave the software update until tonight, which will take about 30 minutes.

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Things are looing good, Bob.

At the moment, I'm seeing much quicker response times to such things as "Mark Forums Read" ... granted some of it could be that the traffic may be down right now, but definately not seeing a downside to the move ... great job!!

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just logged in and hit the New Posts link. I received this message

This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 302 seconds.

Also, I posted this note after Xue Sheng's 'That was Fast' note. The time on his post says 5:37 PM the time on my post reads 5:34. But really, I read his post before I posted this.

Are the posts taking the time from my computer?

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow....and here I was thinking that the page loading speed was my internet connection, this is FAST!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow! This really is fast! I'm impressed, Bob! I really don't think I've seen the site faster.

I even cleared my caches, temp folders and cookies and did some other computer-housecleaning today and everything still loaded faster! Good job!

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Uh... not to burst anyone's bubble, but my experience has actually gotten worse - more pages that won't load properly and have to be reloaded, longer load times (and yes, I dumped my cache), and finally, this error while attempting to send an RTM on this post, which I could not get to send (3 attempts) - which may be part of the problem; the RTM was for an oversized picture.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 45 bytes) in /home/martialt/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 3058

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, it's a memory limit issue. Should be fixed shortly.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
What do you mean way faster… it is taking me at least a full 4 minutes to load every single page if I can get to them at all… and editing a post….FORGET ABOUT IT… it ain’t happening….. Oh… wait…. That’s my server…DAMN!!! Got to go :uhyeah:

And yes it is my server not MT

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
By the way....anyone need hosting or servers...I can hook ya up. :D

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I get this message alot when I click on reply to post and when I click on the last post of a thread. This started when the new server was activated, never with the old server. Nothing has changed with my computer otherwise and everything else works same as before.

Skip over navigation
Oops! We can't find the webpage you're looking for

Here are some suggestions:
  • Did you mean: martialtalk
  • Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com
  • If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's internet connection.
  • If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that your browser is permitted to access the Web.
ORTry a Search

Latest Discussions