welcome/introduction

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
first off i would like to thank the administration of martial talk for their consideration of our art.

next, i want to welcome everyone to "AN". this is a new forum for guys/gals just like us who have been studying this exciting art.

let's all introduce ourselves (even though some have been members for along time). tell us about training... instructor... area you live in.

don't be afraid of posting whatever question you might have. read from you soon.

-mt moderator-

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hello all you fellow AN'ers out there! I am proud to say I am a To-Shin Do practitioner from central,CA. Not that you couldn't read it yourself from my profile. I have recently tested for another belt and am anxiously awaiting my results.

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
To-Shin Do here also!!! I have dabbled in a few different arts, but I have never really felt "connected" until I started getting involved with Steven K. Hayes' To-Shin Do. I love it so much that as soon as I am good enough one day I am gonna have my own dojo and share the love!!!

Be blessed,
Satt

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just wanted to pop in and congratulate you guys on your new forum and location here. Enson, keep up the good work, buddy! I hope this works out to be an enjoyable place for you all.

Much respect, :asian:

Dan Bowman.

OP
E

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
I just wanted to pop in and congratulate you guys on your new forum and location here. Enson, keep up the good work, buddy! I hope this works out to be an enjoyable place for you all.

Much respect, :asian:

Dan Bowman.
thanks dan, i hope so too.

to introduce myself:

i have only studied rtms. after deciding i wanted to take up martial arts i had the task of looking for the right style. luckly we are in the internet world so i didn't have to go visit a bunch of dojos to get an idea of what each style offered. as a child of the 80's naturallyh ninjutsu peeked my interest. i thought i was a myth until someone showed me it was an actual style. i began to do research and i found it suited me best. i loved the fact of learning moves that were not telegraphed but evasive and effective. i looked into a bunch of schools... even ashida kim's (before i knew better) :rofl: i looked into the bujinkan, and others... but i found rtms was the best fit for me.

rtms is founded by rick m. tew. it is also referred to as tew ryu ninjutsu. tew ryu ninjutsu was an older name given when the style was still in its infancy. now it is pretty much exclusively called by its practicioners as rtms.

i live in central cal. and have lived in costa rica and montana (one extreme to another).
peace

J

J. Lee

Good Afternoon " AN " .
I believe, Enson ,the decision to begin this is good .
I begun attending week long seminars with SKH before his fiction book was published .
I choose to attend seminars only hosted by Bujinkan cardholders .
Diversity is good .

j lee

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
gmunoz said:
Hey Satt,

What happened to your Will/cowbell avatar? That one was funny!
OOOOOOOKKKKKKKKK...Just for you I will change it back.

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Cool. Where did you get that? I like. Is there a certain website you swapped that from?

May 15th? Mine is May 20th!

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
gmunoz said:
Cool. Where did you get that? I like. Is there a certain website you swapped that from?

May 15th? Mine is May 20th!
Actually, yes my friend. Here you go. There are a TON of good avatars here...

http://alanofdale.net/efaicons.html

Hope this help on your journey to the perfect avatar!!!!!!!

Hey that May thing is COOL!!! SWEET!!!

A

AnimEdge

Yo um im AE and uh i study American Ninjutsu(RBWI) and i guess its kool that this has its own forum now :p might clear up some confusion :p

K

Kalifallen

Yo,
Soon to study RTMS/Tew Ryu and eventually Bujinkan sometime next year.
As with Enson I was a child of the '80s and still like to believe I am. I got off on the Ninja Turtles thing and still do. Ever since I read the comics I knew I wanted to learn that. After I graduated high school I did some 'net browsing. Eventually I found out about the Tew Ryu site and became hooked on it. That was pretty much my goal to get a job. Afterwards I learned about Bujinkan and reluctently got interested in it too (reluctently, why? I was disappointed that it didn't seem to teach everything that I wanted to know).
So I have a job and have enough for the HSP. By the end of this end I'll be a member.

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Are you already an HSP student? You say "soon to be." But then you say you have already purchased the curriculum. Anyhow, RTMS is cool. I know Enson is an RTMS practitioner and have trained with him. Good stuff. Must say Enson is pretty good!

L

Limeydog

Hi Guys/Gals,

Introduced myself on another section but had to reintroduce myself again as I saw a name from a past friend. Hi Mr Billings.

My name is Patrick Pace. I am an ex pat now living in Los Angeles. I have trained in the martial arts now for just over 25 years, multi style black belt (American Kenpo/Muay Thai/Japanese Karate/Kempo/Full Contact Karate)

Now working as an Actor/Stuntman/Trainer in Hollywood.

But just getting into Toshindo.

Regards
Patrick Pace

PS. Mr Billings please pass on my regards to Mr Burks (I still have nightmares about those sticks OOWW!!)

Latest Discussions