We are sometimes a tough crowd here....

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There sure has been a lot of passionate back and forth on the forum lately, and sparks, too. But at least it's passionate, better than if everyone had a ho hum attitude about what they do. I recently went on a game playing forum as a guest of a friend. Mostly board games, but other games as well. I figured it would be all laughs and game talk. I cut and pasted to show you guys we-are-not-alone. I used my same handle there, Buka. The other handles apparently represent what games the person played.

ChubbyChecker - Checkers is the superior game. Anyone can play it well, even your kids. It has no pretensions and has some really worthwhile strategy. Strategy that can be used for anything, even Chess.

CheckMate - You can't use anti checkers theory in chess! You'ld get eaten alive.

ChubbyChecker - that's B.S and you know it, when we went to dinner there was a checkered tablecloth and it took you an hour and ten minutes just to pass the salt.

CheckMate - I'll have you know I've been studying under Grand Masters for years!

ChubbyChecker - Yeah, and while we're out having a war, you're home theoretically beating the Bishop. Checkers is the real art of war.

ScrabbleGuy - Like Scrabble isn't? Oh, yeah, it's all fun and games until someone loses an i.

MonoToken - Monopoly is the way to go. Rich history, life lessons, finances....do the math, dude.

ColonelMustard - Clue, now you're talking real strategy, real danger. Heck, half you Monopoly players make up your own rules when it comes to mortgages and real estate.

MonoToken - It's called adapting, not following some fixed, antiquated idea of how the word works.

Paintball - You traditional game players would get so smoked in a real game.

CheckMate - You guys have no idea of battle. Chess has a long, old, battle tested history.

Buka - Yeah, but as former Law Enforcement, I can tell you it doesn't always work.

119p1c5.jpg

CheckMate - Can someone shut him up?

ChubbyChecker - He's a guest. Maybe if he pauses in his posting he'll fall asleep.

DungeNDrags - You guys wouldn't last a week in our game. Maybe not a day.

UnoGuy - Oh, please, your Gelatenous Cube is like Jello Bullion to an Uno player.

CrazyMary, Mistress of role Playing Games - Any of you guys have handcuffs and a wet suit?
(five minutes - the sound of crickets as people try to look up her IP address)

CheckMate - As I've posted before, Chess has a long, old, battle tested history.

GOplayer - That's not old. We've been playing Go for thousands of years.

CheckMate - Yeah, well GO F yourself.

GOplayer - Yes, which is the original, traditional name of Go. So your point is what, exactly?

BackgammonGuy - Whenever you get a perfect roll that closes him out, pretend you don't see it and make the play slowly, sort of a death roll. You folks that don't roll, just don't know.

MonoToken - I roll as often as you do.

BackgammonGuy, You call that rolling? Most of you Monopoly guys make up your own rules.

Monopoly - Yeah, well most of you have never been to jail. You don't have a clue!

ColonelMustard - Just what I've been saying all along.

Buka - I'll have you know, I know a lot about game playing. I've been playing Chutes and Ladders for forty years.

CheckMate - Yes, we've been saying you're full of chute since you got here.

Buka - If you'll excuse me, I'll sign off and go play solitaire.

CrazyMary -I think he means masturbating.

4htp36.jpg

I will kill you all in Stratego.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please tell me that when you said 'beating the bishop' you didn't mean it in the way we do in the UK! :lfao::lfao:

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've seen some stuff in the politics area but this is far worse, checkmate is should show some respect

Also, they forgot Yahtzee

Last edited by a moderator:

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I play mixed board games with the kids these days.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Chess boxing is cool. On a phone or I would post a direct link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zzj

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That's not a real Boardgame Forum is it? No mention of Euphrat & Tigris, Die Macher, Twilight Struggle, Agricola, or even Settlers of Frikkin Catan...

Mephisto

Black Belt
Reaction score
lol,nothing wrong with a little friendly debate! We wouldn't have anything to talk about if we all agreed on everything. Not too mention I can rest until everyone realizes that I'm right about pretty much everything!

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
As long as everyone is being friendly and respective yes

OP
Buka

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The thread was all in fun. I hope it was fun, anyway. :) And to point out how silly it is to argue about things we all love.

Besides, everyone knows Scrabble is the best game. (Is too!)

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol,nothing wrong with a little friendly debate! We wouldn't have anything to talk about if we all agreed on everything. Not too mention I can rest until everyone realizes that I'm right about pretty much everything!

Excellent. I would like the UK National Lottery numbers for Saturday please?

Hong Kong Pooey

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Excellent. I would like the UK National Lottery numbers for Saturday please?

I'll have the Euromillions for tomorrow first please.

Back to the OP, have to say I thought there was some good banter in there. I love a good pun :)

Latest Discussions