Watch this space...

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
...for the release date of Beyond Kick & Punch - The Complete Fighting Principles Of American Freestyle Karate.

This isn't strictly a Kenpo/Kempo item but since you all free spar, I wanted to let everyone know that if you ever wondered how I made it to being a karate World Champion, this next book lays it out. This book is roughly two weeks away from release and if I don't say so myself, it's a good one!

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Seabrook

Black Belt
Reaction score
As a black belt under Remy as well, and given your reputation in the martial arts, I am sure it will be a great one.

Congrats on the publication.

Jamie Seabrook

www.seabrook.gotkenpo.com

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dan Anderson said:
...for the release date of Beyond Kick & Punch - The Complete Fighting Principles Of American Freestyle Karate.

This isn't strictly a Kenpo/Kempo item but since you all free spar, I wanted to let everyone know that if you ever wondered how I made it to being a karate World Champion, this next book lays it out. This book is roughly two weeks away from release and if I don't say so myself, it's a good one!

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Dan is a good writer and a great free sparring technician. I recommend starting with "American Freestyle Karate" the first addition, and reading your way to this one. I am sure this will be a good and informative read!

Paul

OP
Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi All,

The download pdf version is available right now and I should have the hard copy book in my hands in a week. Here is the link to the page so you can get more information on it!
http://www.danandersonkarate.com/store/karate_bk3.html

Here's an email I got from a buyer:

Hi Dan
I've read through your book, I wish I had this book 20 years ago , it would've made sparring a lot easier to teach. I would highly recommend this book to all teachers in the Martial Arts. Awesome writer and a teacher's teacher.

Thanks
Lamon

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dan Anderson said:

Yours,
Dan Anderson

CONGRATS DAN. A great project and I loved it. I'm sure it will be as successful as you have always been in everything you do.

Ron C.

Dan G

Green Belt
Reaction score
For those that are not already familiar with Mr. Anderson's previous written work he has a rare and awesome talent for communicating his knowledge and experience with both depth and clarity.
I posted on the similar thread on the karate forum so won't repeat it all again here. Enough to say I am an enthusiast for his work and that "American Freestyle Karate - Sparring" was very helpful to me as a beginner, I continue to read it as an intermediate, and I believe I will continue to find much to learn from it in my future training.
I rate it as a classic text, and cannot recommend it and his other work highly enough!

Mr. Anderson is an awesome writer, and I am looking forward to another great read.

Respectfully,:asian:

Dan G.

Andrew Evans

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have read Dan Anderson's books. He is an excellent writer. I am glad that he is writing about subjects that are usually not covered enough in the bibliographic world. His contribution to these subjects is much needed.

My main complaint is the lack of DVD/Videotapes to accompany his books. I have met and trained with him (too briefly) and must say that he is skilled at what he does and has a fun personality that should be shared on video.

Mr. Anderson,
You are depriving the world of your talents as an instructor and practitioner. Do you have any plans to produce video to accompany the books?

But seriously, his books are good and if I have to settle for the printed word, so be it.

Take care,
Andrew

OP
Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi All,

Books should be in my hot little hands by the end of this week.

Dan G.,
Thanks for your kind words. If you liked Fighting Tactics & Strategies, you'll love this one. Brain food deluxe.

Andrew,
Thanks as well. After I finish the book I'm currently working on (one on kata bunkai), my next step is to get into "motion backups" for the existing books, yes, DVDs.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Latest Discussions