Wanna Save Gas? SLOW DOWN!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Slow Down a Little, Save a Lot of Gas
by Peter Valdes-Dapena
Tuesday, April 1, 2008 provided by CNNMoney.com

Speeding on the highway adds a surprising amount to your fuel costs.

With gas prices rising, gas-saving advice abounds: Drive more gently, don't carry extra stuff in your trunk, combine your shopping trips.

This is all sound advice but there's one driving tip that will probably save you more gas than all the others, especially if you spend a lot of time on the highway: Slow down.
http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/104752/Slow-Down-a-Lttle-Save-a-Lot-of-Gas

Because of personal finances, every drop of gas I save by NOT going anywhere un-necessarily and driving at or just below the limit and hovering at about 55 to 60 on the freeway... well, at least I'm not wasting my money.

What do you do to try and save on your gas milage/expenditures?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We just do not do those daytrips to the country for sight seeing. We also try to go and do things in one area instead of traveling thoughout the metroplex.

Live True

Brown Belt
Reaction score
adequate auto maintenance....it's surprising how much poorly inflated tires, sludgy oil, and a tired engine can cost you!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I remember when they tried the "Drive 55" approach in the 70s. Simple, sensible, easy...

It'll never work.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
But what if I buy a small car or a hybrid and drive faster :uhyeah:

My solution is this; I need to find a job closer to my home. That or quit the silly thing because it just gets in the way of training MA anyway :)