Wado Ryu Questions

Sojobo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Not from a Wado perspective, from your perspective. All stylists should be open to ideas, as Cirdan says, you can have the best of both world studying other things as well.

Not really,

It's also the perspective of most of the senior Wado-ka who write about it in detail in the PMs you don't want to read.

I also study Jujutsu and Kenjutsu and really enjoy it!

Neither make my Wado any better.

Now lets keep on track. What did you think of the vids

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really,

It's also the perspective of most of the senior Wado-ka who write about it in detail in the PMs you don't want to read.

Now lets keep on track. What did you think of the vids

I don't know why you are making this personal to me...again. people who are like minded stay together, it doesn't make them right. All I'm going to say because I'm somewhat rushing for time is Shana Tova and that should tell you why I'm busy.

Sojobo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Don't take it personally Tez,

Like you I get passionate about these things ;)

Best of luck.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't take it personally Tez,

Like you I get passionate about these things ;)

Best of luck.

I'm not taking it personally, I'm up to my eyes in cooking as well as a few other things. I simply don't have the time for drawn out arguments.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score

I have done the same arts tho very limited kenjutsu. If you keep an open and focused mind I have found all of them add to your understanding of the others, seeing in 360 degrees if you will :)

Sojobo

Green Belt
Reaction score
The particular Jujutsu I studied doesn't compliment my Wado - it was too different.The Kenjutsu on the other hand certainly sharpens one understanding of "sei-chu-sen".

So from a broader martial perspective they have helped and I'm not suggesting that's a bad thing.

But as far as getting better at Wado is concerned, the best way to do it is to practice Wado.