Visiting Israel and Jordan

ronki23

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I really want to go to Japan and South Korea (70%) but 30% of me would prefer to visit Israel and Jordan because the climate is better and the food is superior.

What is there to do there ?

Amman, Petra and Jerusalem definitely sound interesting but I was told Tel Aviv is overpriced.

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I think when you do any trip, the question becomes, do I have the time and resources to do that trip right. Jerusalem and Petra have a lot to offer, but.... How many days would it take to see most of what you want to see and how much money would it cost?

Same with Japan and south Korea. Are you wanting to go to these countries because you have trained in arts originating from these countries?

OP
R

ronki23

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I think when you do any trip, the question becomes, do I have the time and resources to do that trip right. Jerusalem and Petra have a lot to offer, but.... How many days would it take to see most of what you want to see and how much money would it cost?

Same with Japan and south Korea. Are you wanting to go to these countries because you have trained in arts originating from these countries?

I haven't done martial arts since 2017 and i'm sad I don't get to do it anymore. So on one hand I feel i'm experiencing what i'm missing out on and it may frustrate me if I go to Japan/ Korea.

On the other hand there's more to see and do in Japan and Korea than Jordan and Israel?

It doesn't always have to be about martial arts in Japan/Korea?

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I haven't done martial arts since 2017 and i'm sad I don't get to do it anymore. So on one hand I feel i'm experiencing what i'm missing out on and it may frustrate me if I go to Japan/ Korea.

On the other hand there's more to see and do in Japan and Korea than Jordan and Israel?

It doesn't always have to be about martial arts in Japan/Korea?
If it's not about a martial arts connection, and a budget is important, you should definitely consider Thailand.

OP
R

ronki23

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Or Viet Nam

If it's not about a martial arts connection, and a budget is important, you should definitely consider Thailand.

I want to go to India first. Then after India I want to go to Japan/South Korea.

Israel/Jordan is tempting but only 30-40% of me wants to go, 60-70% would prefer Japan and South Korea.

India is a must for me!

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I want to go to India first. Then after India I want to go to Japan/South Korea.

Israel/Jordan is tempting but only 30-40% of me wants to go, 60-70% would prefer Japan and South Korea.

India is a must for me!
Have you traveled internationally before? India is quite a shock if you never have. I love India, but it's a gritty, very different place.

OP
R

ronki23

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Have you traveled internationally before? India is quite a shock if you never have. I love India, but it's a gritty, very different place.

@Wing Woo Gar

I've been to Maharastra for 4 weeks: 3 of those weeks were in Mumbai,

This time I want to go to Amritsar, Rajasthan, and Diwali in Gujarat. That's why I am having second thoughts about Jordan and Israel because Rajasthan is already a desert!

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
@Wing Woo Gar

I've been to Maharastra for 4 weeks: 3 of those weeks were in Mumbai,

This time I want to go to Amritsar, Rajasthan, and Diwali in Gujarat. That's why I am having second thoughts about Jordan and Israel because Rajasthan is already a desert!
I have been to Amritsar. The Golden Temple and the nightly border ceremony were both amazing.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found India very tough…the poverty in particular. I found it so heart-rending I vowed never return. But the Bodh Gaya train tour tempted me back….then the pandemic hit and I had to cancel the trip! 😂

My parents were Indian and my mother wanted to move back in her old age (she died while on holiday over there) and my father fell victim to such bad chest infections (he stayed with relatives rather than a nice hotel) he never wanted to visit it again in his older age!

Latest Discussions