Video From The Daily Show, Marines In Berkeley

The Game

Green Belt
Reaction score
Please forgive for the mistake, I'll take my beatings now instead of later.
I don't know, you frogs usually ended up at the bottom of the pile in any bar brawl I observed. Seriously, how many navy men saw any real action the last 30 plus years?

Lets look at your war there Popeye.
The US Army had 38,179 killed in the war or 65 percent of all fatalities.
The US Navy had 2,556 killed or 4.5 percent of all fatatities.
The US Marines had 14,836 killed or 25.6 percent of all fatalities.
The US Air Force had 2,580 killed or 4.4 percent of all fatalities, and lost less than one percent of all Air Force personnel, compared to Marine Corps losses of five men for every 100 who served in the Vietnamese War.

Considering how many missions the knights flew, I'm surprised their numbers are that low. So, of all the branches, you had a cake walk. Since you're just here to cause trouble though, I feel good smacking your *** around a bit Troll boy.

Simply put, you're talking about the Marines. Best you let the real men do the talking as they earned it. Go iron your necktie and get out a fresh dixie cup while you read.

The only fish I got respect for are the ones who run silent and run deep. I doubt you could do either boy.

The Game

Green Belt
Reaction score
I don't know, you frogs usually ended up at the bottom of the pile in any bar brawl I observed. Seriously, how many navy men saw any real action the last 30 plus years?

Lets look at your war there Popeye.

Considering how many missions the knights flew, I'm surprised their numbers are that low. So, of all the branches, you had a cake walk. Since you're just here to cause trouble though, I feel good smacking your *** around a bit Troll boy.

Simply put, you're talking about the Marines. Best you let the real men do the talking as they earned it. Go iron your necktie and get out a fresh dixie cup while you read.

The only fish I got respect for are the ones who run silent and run deep. I doubt you could do either boy.
Oh, and I saw some reference to the Brits. Good fighters, once they got out of that "march in a straight line" and "wearing red" thing. Don't forget the Canucks. Might only have 1 bullet in the whole country, but they don't need it to kick ***.

Marines of any nation are a tough bunch. I'm not worried about them in Berkley.

Unless the pot smoke gets to them, then they'll just eat the lot of em! ROFLMFAO!

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Someone told me that when 100 Navy men submerge on a submarine, the submarine resurfaces with 50 couples on it. I'm not sure what it means, but everyone else had a good laugh.

The Game

Green Belt
Reaction score
Someone told me that when 100 Navy men submerge on a submarine, the submarine resurfaces with 50 couples on it. I'm not sure what it means, but everyone else had a good laugh.
Large phalic shaped object
Filled with Sea Men.

He's not a Frog, he's a Snake!

A Trowser Snake!

Hey, "Navy Troll"! Is your name "Richard"? by any chance?

Because if it is, I'll call you Dick for short.

Short Dick.

What were we talking about again? Oh yeah. Short Dick has his thong all knotted up because some hippies told the Marines to go away. I'm sure the Corp felt very threatened.

Actually, I highly doubt Short Dick there really is a vet, ever actually saw service and is anything other than a troll. Too many contradictions and errors in his droolings for a real Navy man to make. (And for the real navy chaps I have nothing but real respect for.)

So, Short Dick, whats your malfunction there sad sack?

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Please keep the discussion at a mature, respectful level. Please review our sniping policy
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?p=427486. Feel free to use the Ignore feature to ignore members whose posts you do not wish to read (it is at the bottom of each member's profile). Thank you.

Brian R. VanCise
MartialTalk Super Moderator

OP
N

navyvetcv60

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Large phalic shaped object
Filled with Sea Men.

He's not a Frog, he's a Snake!

A Trowser Snake!

Hey, "Navy Troll"! Is your name "Richard"? by any chance?

Because if it is, I'll call you Dick for short.

Short Dick.

What were we talking about again? Oh yeah. Short Dick has his thong all knotted up because some hippies told the Marines to go away. I'm sure the Corp felt very threatened.

Actually, I highly doubt Short Dick there really is a vet, ever actually saw service and is anything other than a troll. Too many contradictions and errors in his droolings for a real Navy man to make. (And for the real navy chaps I have nothing but real respect for.)

So, Short Dick, whats your malfunction there sad sack?

Great dialog Mr. Intellectual, I see HHH is your Hero, what are you bout 15years old??

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Obviously it's your patriotic duty to say that but actually several countries have spec forces equal to and in some cases superior to the Americans. Don't assume superior numbers will always carry the day.

Man for Man Israel has the best military in the world. My oppion, take it for what you will. By the way, while the U.S. doesn't have the most money, it does have the highest budget. In fact, take the other countrys in the top 10, and the U.S. still spends more.

Also, every time I've talked to Marines (which is alot) one of the first things they tell me is always 'You wanna sign up? Alright, but I'll let you know right now, it will be hard. You make it, you could very easily end up in Iraq.' Keep in mind, the Navy folks tend to omit that there is Navy personnel 'in country'.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"HHH"? {don't you just know I'm going to regret asking this :D).

Navy, a word of advice - it's not wise to bounce back a riposte, however, justified you feel, after the "Official Word" comes down. That way lies either reprimand for the individual or closing of the thread.

OP
N

navyvetcv60

Orange Belt
Reaction score
"HHH"? {don't you just know I'm going to regret asking this :D).

Navy, a word of advice - it's not wise to bounce back a riposte, however, justified you feel, after the "Official Word" comes down. That way lies either reprimand for the individual or closing of the thread.

Your right! Thanks for the advice.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets not start that crap. We do just fine at killing people and breaking things so lets just leave it at that. Last I heard we were allies anyways.

Mmmm allies, yep, blue on blue is all I will say.

The Game

Green Belt
Reaction score
Great dialog Mr. Intellectual, I see HHH is your Hero, what are you bout 15years old??
You seem to have an issue with intellectuals. Why is that? Do smart people intimidate you and make you feel stupid, Mr. Troll? As to age, I could ask you the same thing. But you'd likely lie as you have about other things so far, troublemaker. Personally, I like wrestling, but I supose the plots would be beyond your understanding Short.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Game, I know it's hard to resist having the last word when an exchange becomes a tad on the warm side but, as I said to Navy above, it's a sure-fire way to get a thread locked once the Moderator Warnings have started to appear.

If someone winds your clock then that is what the RTM function is for. Altho' confonting people directly might give some personal satisfaction, all it does is fan the flames and made a thread hot for everyone.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hmmm..never heard that one before. Sorta like THIS incident? Or THIS one? Or THIS one? These incidents are tragic but unintentional and to imply otherwise just compounds the tragedy.

So its either a shot as in "you guys are idiots who kill us" or its a threat as in "allies?? yeah... you better look out" ????

Heres some interesting articles on "blue on blue", from a Brit.

http://www.spiked-online.com/Articles/00000006DD1E.htm

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php?/site/article/3774/

I recognise that the ‘war on terror’ has been a ghastly mistake, that we should never have gone to Afghanistan or Iraq, and that the White House seriously needs a rethink on its foreign policy. But otherwise, I like Americans. Carping at a nation that put the first man on the moon, invented the internet, gave us Hemingway, Copland, Woody Allen and the Simpsons, for being ‘stupid’, merely makes us appear petty and ignorant. And the fact that we Brits have an unenviable record of killing our own allies makes us look even the more stupid.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Also, every time I've talked to Marines (which is alot) one of the first things they tell me is always 'You wanna sign up? Alright, but I'll let you know right now, it will be hard. You make it, you could very easily end up in Iraq.' Keep in mind, the Navy folks tend to omit that there is Navy personnel 'in country'.

Yeah, it's funny... I realized when I talked to my recruiter that the Marines consider the possibility of going to war to be a selling point. The Marine office of the Lansing MEPS was playing Full Metal Jacket nonstop.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Friendly fire incidents happen but sometimes they can be prevented, one in particular happened in Afghanistan and mates of one of my students were killed. The problem comes however when our allies won't acknowledge it happened and won't provide evidence in the coroners court to say what happened. It's not a blame thing until people start trying to cover it up. Families want to know how their children have died.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/us-must-attend-friendlyfire-inquests-425148.html

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
As harsh as this may sound, unless I was subpoenaed by a court recognized by my nation, I wouldnt show up at some foriegn powers inquest either.

With the political atmosphere lately and the whole concept of prosecuting our soldiers through some sort of "international court"... I wouldnt want to run the risk of rotting in some foriegn jail for an act done in good faith but in error. Or be sacrificed by my own government to grease the wheels of international diplomacy.