Video card problem

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I mentioned this on chat, but I thought I'd toss it up here for more help.

My new machine has an ATi Radeon 9500 Pro. After installing the Catalyst 3.1 drivers and ATi Control Panel, I can no longer access the 'Advanced' portion of 'Display Properties'. It just hangs and I eventually get the 'Not Responding' message.

If I uninstall the ATi Control Panel, I can access the 'Advanced' settings, but the controls for anti-aliasing, anisoptric filtering, etc. are no longer there. This tells me that it's definitely an issue with the ATi Control Panel software, but the customer support page for ATi is out of whack and I'm using the latest version of the software.

Ideas?

Cthulhu

T

TKDman

This is exactly why I do not buy ATI cards. They almost always have issues. I guess that is why they are so cheap.

OP
Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmm, not exactly the help I was asking for.

Cthulhu

OP
Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's 300W. I don't yet have a lot of stuff guzzling power on the system. I was able to access the settings the first time I installed the software, but ever since, no joy. Otherwise, the card seems to be working great. I just can't access anti-aliasing and anisoptric filtering controls.

Cthulhu

OP
Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ATi released new drivers (Catalyst 3.2) and these seem to have cleared up my problems! Thanks for the suggestions, Kaith!

Cthulhu

Latest Discussions