Not open for further replies.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This just popped into my mailbox...and when I went to the site, it had same text on it. Very interesting read. My question is : whats going to happen with the IMAF?

Email below.:
Dear Loyal Followers of the Late GM Remy Presas,

Extreme tragedy often forges great destinies. Remy's passing left a horrendous void in the world of martial arts that seemingly could never be filled. Until now. The children of Grand Master Remy Amador Presas have decided to pick up their canes and carry on his tradition, as only Remy's own bloodline could do.

When Remy left the Philippines many years ago, his children stayed behind to carry on his legacy. Years later, he took them to the US, where they found stable jobs and provided for their families. Now, in the midst of this tragedy, they are determined to follow his footsteps in the martial arts world.

Remy had a lovely memorial and final burial services in the Philippines. At the Memorial, the Philippine government appointed Remy's children as his true heirs in the art of Modern Arnis. Out of respect for Remy, I gave his children my support. In doing so, I donated my website: www.ModernArnis.com to their new organization: Modern Arnis Remy P Presas International Organization (MARPPIO).

MARPPIO has the blessing of the Philippine government and consists of: Rosemary Presas (Remy's 1st wife, known as the "Mother of Modern Arnis", who was behind him in his ascent and struggle to propagate Modern Arnis in the Philippine sports world), Remy P Presas Jr., PhD, Mary Ann Presas, Demetrio Presas, Mary Jane Presas-Seletaria, Maria Presas-Butler, Roland Dantes, Remy's original Filipino students, and myself. The website will be up soon. Please take a look and meet the Next Generation of Modern Arnis on-line.

We welcome you to join this top-notch, no politics organization. Out of gratitude for your faithfulness to the late GM Remy Amador Presas, all IMAF members will receive a one-year free membership in MARPPIO. Information will be posted on the website soon.

We are looking forward to having you celebrate with us!

Sincerely,
Lori Harwood

PS: Please feel free to forward this to any faithful followers of the late Grand Master Remy Amador Presas.

G

GouRonin

So it begins. Many new organizations, many new fights. Will the IMAF be swallowed up by the new group? Or will they continue to be independant?

Sounds like some tough times ahead.:(

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm pretty certain that his middle name was Amador. As for the "very interesting post", yes it is. What about what Remy himself wanted? What about a will?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This just in...more interesting reading. Of course, I think that by Wed. there will be a few more bombs dropped concerning the Modern Arnis world.

Couple of Questions:
1- Why didn't the IMAF own the domain?
2- Who's Lori Harwood?
3- What did the will say?

I think I know the answers to these and a few others, but will wait for those who truely know to post them.

Peace.

From Jeff Delany:
Attention all Modern Arnis Practitioners!

The web page address of Professor Remy A. Presas's International Modern Arnis Federation has been acquired by a third party.
Unfortunately the Professor did not own the domain name of his own organization.
This has forced us to move the web site to a new address.
We would like to make everyone aware of the new Modern Arnis web site at:

www.professorpresas.com

The old web site has moved to this new address and will be run and maintained as it always has been.
Please bookmark this new address and inform all your friends and interested parties abut this change.
If you manage a web site please change all links to reflect this new address.

If you have any questions please contact me

Jeff Delaney, Grandmaster, Modern Arnis

[email protected]

Now, a WHOIS on the ModernArnis.com domain returns the following. Note - updated 10-5-01

Registrant:
Lori Harwood (MODERNARNIS-DOM)
719 Gordon Street
Reading, PA 19601
US

Domain Name: MODERNARNIS.COM

Administrative Contact, Billing Contact:
Butler, Maria (BVBNWNBZUI) [email protected]
MARPPI
719 Gordon Street
Reading, PA 19601
US
610-378-9290
Technical Contact:
Techcontact, YahooDomains (YTZ22) [email protected]
Yahoo! Inc.
3420 Central Expressway
Santa Clara, CA 95051
1-619-881-3096

Record last updated on 05-Oct-2001.
Record expires on 16-Sep-2003.
Record created on 15-Sep-1997.
Database last updated on 7-Oct-2001 07:59:00 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS8.SAN.YAHOO.COM 209.132.1.27
NS9.SAN.YAHOO.COM 209.132.2.27

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
I, like Kaith know a bit about whats going on but will wait untill after Oct. 20 or so to speak to loudly. Me thinks that J. Delaney has some news coming his way.

G

GouRonin

Sadly this will continue. I can see why people distanced themselves from this earlier before Remy's passing. As with many plays for power people and the art get lost in the shuffle.

This will be interesting to say the least. I thank you all for being so informative.

S

Sir_Yantok

Just to rectify the middle name of the former GM Presas, it is "AMADOR", not Armador, and Remy P Presas is his son.

S

Sir_Yantok

To Jeff Delany, (because that's how you spelled your name)

You don't know Lori Harwood? You guys are best friends right?

I think the third party you mentioned are the Presas Children, are you implying that you're the first party? Who's the second party? Just asking.

Aren't you supposed to be the "Co-successor" of IMAF, Why do you call yourself "Grandmaster" of Modern Arnis? Who appointed you Mr. Co-successor?

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I will only comment on one thing at the moment. There is only one man who hand the right to claim the title of Grand Master of Modern Arnis, Remy Presas. Maybe someday some one else will be able to came that title, but not now!

Datu Tim Hartman
Remy Presas' Modern Arnis
:argue:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jeff Delany does not post here, to the best of my knowledge. I just posted the email he sent out.

It's me who doesn't know who Lori Harwood is.

Seemed like there was some confusion, wanted to clear it up. (not that I'm not still confused) :)

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't understand. I've seen many pics of JD....never once saw a hump or that white half-mask. :D

(for those totally confused by the above.... Phantom-o da Opera refs.) :)

K

Keil Randor

You're always confused dude. :D

You shouldn't have let us all take turns wackin ya in the head that day with the Shinai. Was fun though. :D:eek::D

There was some press release on the IMAF site that outlined the who-what-etc...I remember seeing it there, and I think someone posted it here too. Of course, being the PITA I am, I did a search on Ms. Harwood. Nuthin came up. So, who is she? Now y'all got my curiosity going.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
confused - yup.
shinai - I don't remember that.

Someone in the know, please ID so us lost types at least can see the pieces.

Danke.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
<mod mode on>
I see 3 sides in this....

1 - The Presas family and Ms. Harwood
2 - The IMAF with mr. Delany
3 - The WMAA with Datu Hartman.

All parties are welcome to discuss things here in a civilized manner. Please note, I said civilized. If it turns into an all out flame war, I'll ban the offender so fast their heads will spin.
This is the -only- warning I will give.
</mod mode off>

Sorry to jump in hardass here, but I realize just how ugly this can get, and want to avoid 'issues'. Keep it civil, think twice before hitting "POST" and take a couple of deep breaths.

Thank you.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A couple of quick replies to a few minor issues:

I got 2 emails inquiring if some of what I posted was 'kosher'.

Regarding the posting of the 2 emails - both parties sent the email to me unsolicitated. I understand how Jeff Delany has my address (I contacted him about the Remy Memorial Page). How Ms Harwood got it, I do not know. I never sent it to her. In either case, both emails were for general distribution and reproducing them here is completely within proper netiquete.

Regarding the posting of the WHOIS information for modernarnis.com: The WHOIS information is publicly accessible from ANY domain registrar. In this case, the domain "modernarnis.com" was registered with Network Sollutions. The WHOIS server for NSI is whois.networksolutions.com

When you access this server, and ask is about a domain you get this message:
"The Data in Network Solutions' WHOIS database is provided by Network Solutions for information purposes, and to assist persons in obtaining information about or related to a domain name registration record.
Network Solutions does not guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a WHOIS query, you agree that you will use this Data only for lawful purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this Data to:
(1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail
(spam); or (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that apply to Network Solutions (or its systems). Network Solutions reserves the right to modify these terms at any time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy." followed by the domain owner information.

My posting of this information here falls within the acceptable use as defined by the registrar.

Simply put, if you don't want the information public, don't include it in your registration. If you don't know how to fix it, contact your web developer. And if they can't do it, contact me. I do this stuff for a living. :)

We now return you to our regularly scheduled program. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions