USAT/KKW..... Hmmmmm.

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
I thought he was in Korea for the WTF thing and that the visit to the Kukkiwon was "just a visit to greet" and nothing more.

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
The USAT had some issues with taking a long time to process Certs. It seems it was more about checks in the mail than anything else.......

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The USAT had some issues with taking a long time to process Certs. It seems it was more about checks in the mail than anything else.......

yeah yeah.... what he said.

A fellow/friend instructor uses USAT for promotions through KKW. (his choice) and recently the certs were taking almost 6 months to get back. USAT said they were having a problem with KKW and payments being processed.

David Askinas even sent out a few emails to some instructors saying it was a prob and he was going to go over there. And he did.

3-birds one stone!

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is one of those areas where common sense should reign: why are 4th dan and higher instructors going through USAT for dan certs for their students anyway?

This is the same question that people had about going through the USTC. I have yet to hear an answer that makes any logical sense.

Daniel

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
Daniel,
I posted elsewhere that the USTC will offer a discount for going through them. So the answer will be it should be as fast with better communication and actually less money.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Daniel,
I posted elsewhere that the USTC will offer a discount for going through them. So the answer will be it should be as fast with better communication and actually less money.
Discounted from what? The Kukkiwon's normal registration fee or from that of most schools? And how big of a discount is being given?

Of course, this still does not answer why one would go through USAT.

Daniel

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
This is one of those areas where common sense should reign: why are 4th dan and higher instructors going through USAT for dan certs for their students anyway?

This is the same question that people had about going through the USTC. I have yet to hear an answer that makes any logical sense.

Daniel

I keep wondering the same thing?

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, what one choose to do is his/hers preference. I dont use USAT. But some people do, the one I was speaking of does. He does it because he chooses to support USAT. He feels a strong loyalty toward USAT and so he CHOOSES to use them to help continue to support them in any way he can. Some poeple are weird like that and choose to support thier Orgs. Others take what they can and prefer not to support outside of what they can gain.

Or at least thats the answer I got when I asked why USAT? But I can understand... I choose to go through someone instead of doing it myself... Because of loyalty, support... and a little obligated too i guess.

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well, what one choose to do is his/hers preference. I dont use USAT. But some people do, the one I was speaking of does. He does it because he chooses to support USAT. He feels a strong loyalty toward USAT and so he CHOOSES to use them to help continue to support them in any way he can. Some poeple are weird like that and choose to support thier Orgs. Others take what they can and prefer not to support outside of what they can gain.

Or at least thats the answer I got when I asked why USAT? But I can understand... I choose to go through someone instead of doing it myself... Because of loyalty, support... and a little obligated too i guess.

Going through USAT Pro & Con:

Pro

1. Only half the money goes to the KKW - which is managed/controlled by the Korean government. The other half goes to USAT supposedly for athletes.

Con

1. If David hasn't paid the bill, they don't send the certificates.

The picture was PR as an attempt to show that the KKW likes David, when in reality they slapped USAT in the face with the designation of USTC as KKW branch. However, the official word when I asked is that David has talked to the Korean Government and told them they can't do this. Bad KKW. The Government is supposed to fix it. Uhhhh don't think that is going to happen either.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Going through USAT Pro & Con:

Pro

1. Only half the money goes to the KKW - which is managed/controlled by the Korean government. The other half goes to USAT supposedly for athletes.

Con

1. If David hasn't paid the bill, they don't send the certificates.

The picture was PR as an attempt to show that the KKW likes David, when in reality they slapped USAT in the face with the designation of USTC as KKW branch. However, the official word when I asked is that David has talked to the Korean Government and told them they can't do this. Bad KKW. The Government is supposed to fix it. Uhhhh don't think that is going to happen either.

Hello Rhonda and how are you these days? So glad you finally made it over here.

Latest Discussions