USA Jr Team May Go To Korea Open

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
As many of you know, a few months ago, 2000 US Olympic Coach, Grand Master Young In Cheon, took a group of kids (including my daughter) to Russia for the competition experience of a lifetime.

He has been doing these sorts of things a lot in the past few years and now he is offering another incredible opportunity:

Grand Master Young In Cheon's Facebook Page said:
Young Cheon:

9/2-9/6 Korea Open Championship...

I am looking to take a USA Jr. Team (14-17yr) with our Sr. Team Match winners to Korea.

For information please contact Miss Ann at [email protected]

http://open.koreataekwondo.org/eindex.htm

If you are interested, I would strongly suggest that you contact GM Cheon's daughter, Ann, ASAP.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is an Awesome opportunity. Thanks for posting. My kids still have a few years to go but it is good to see things like this.

OP
M

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Just an FYI a Facebook page, much like the 1 I created when Grand Master Cheon took a team to Russia a few months ago, has been created to follow all the activities of the team that is going to Korea at the end of the month for the Korea Open.

If you are on Facebook, I would encourage you all to join the group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=103365186386204 and cheer for Team USA.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Two members of the team are from MI and I am happy that these young people will have an opportunity to travel to Korea and compete. It is really quite exciting!

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
5 from Nevada...We had 1 go last year it was a very good deal. GM Cheon is doing great things!!!!

rlp271

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Should be a lot of fun for the youngsters. I hope they do well. I got to see the Korean high school teams here a couple years ago. They were quite impressive. Good luck to all our young people from the US.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Should be a lot of fun for the youngsters. I hope they do well. I got to see the Korean high school teams here a couple years ago. They were quite impressive. Good luck to all our young people from the US.

The five from Nevada are all in the Sr Div...One is World Ranked...Vlad Sokolov
They Range in age from 19-24

rlp271

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Wait, I thought they were talking about a junior team going. That would be 14-17 right?

OP
M

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Wait, I thought they were talking about a junior team going. That would be 14-17 right?

There is a Sr Team + a couple of additional Srs and a male and female Jr team. The official Sr team is the winning team from the International TKD Fest last spring and their expenses are paid for. There was an open invitation for anyone else, Jr or Sr that wanted to come along as long as they paid their own airfare.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thanks Charles... Go Team USA

It is wonderful what Master Cheon is doing. He is really helping the athletes.

Team TDT (Las Vegas)is well represented on this Team.

Master Terry Blackburn--Team Coach
Vlad Sokolov
Mario Harris
Aldo Rodriguez
Devin Neudeck

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best of skill to everyone and I will be watching to see how they do.

hal-apino

Green Belt
Reaction score
OP
M

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Common sense got the best of me. Deleted

I would simply advise you, Ms. Coyle, to be very careful with your suggestive comments, especially where my family is involved.

Last edited:

hal-apino

Green Belt
Reaction score
Common sense got the best of me. Deleted

I would simply advise you, Ms. Coyle, to be very careful with your suggestive comments, especially where my family is involved.

Excuse me? What suggestive comments? Would you Like to Explain yourself! Is there a problem? and do me a favor Charlie don't ever advise me of anything!

hal-apino

Green Belt
Reaction score
You know I really think your losing it! MangoMan!

I think all International trips should have an athlete liaison to watch the Juniors, Read www.recoiltkd and maybe you will get it!

Now Tell me who is going on this trip with the team??? Would that not be Young In Cheon? Who met him and team at the Airport in Russia?? Would that not be Sergy Pak??? Do you know something we don't?? and that is what has caused your outburt towards me?

It's okay, I forgive you.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This isn't the place for such things. If either of you have any issues with each other, then you can discuss it in a civil manner via PM. If that doesn't work, then use the ignore feature.

That being said...

ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Please keep the conversation civil, and on-topic.

-Ronald Shin
-MT Supermoderator

Latest Discussions