US didnÂ’t foresee 9/11, officials in Jerusalem say

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
[h=1]US didnÂ’t foresee 9/11, officials in Jerusalem say, after White House claims it would know if Iran was about to get the bomb[/h]Michal Shmulovich August 11, 2012, 8:44 pm Times of Israel.comEXCERPT:
Israeli officials issued a withering response Saturday to assurances from the White House that the US would know in good time if Iran was making a “breakout” to a nuclear weapon.

The Americans “didn’t see 9/11 coming,” Israel’s Channel 2 news quoted what it said were “sources in Jerusalem” saying, a day after White House spokesman Jay Carney claimed the US can see what’s going on with Iran’s nuclear program and that it would know if Tehran is close to obtaining a nuclear weapon.
“I would also say that we have eyes — we have visibility into the program, and we would know if and when Iran made what’s called a breakout move towards acquiring a weapon,” said Carney.
The exchanges of rhetoric came as IsraelÂ’s leaders issue increasingly clear hints about an imminent Israeli resort to military action to thwart IranÂ’s nuclear drive, and with the US reportedly trying to persuade Israel to hold its fire.
Israel’s main TV news broadcast reported on Friday evening that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak have “almost finally” decided on an Israeli strike at Iran’s nuclear facilities this fall, and a final decision will be taken “soon.”
END EXCERPT
Is not treating our allies as allies the "Smart Diplomacy" we were promised?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
US didnÂ’t foresee 9/11, officials in Jerusalem say, after White House claims it would know if Iran was about to get the bomb

Michal Shmulovich August 11, 2012, 8:44 pm Times of Israel.comEXCERPT:
Israeli officials issued a withering response Saturday to assurances from the White House that the US would know in good time if Iran was making a “breakout” to a nuclear weapon.

The Americans “didn’t see 9/11 coming,” Israel’s Channel 2 news quoted what it said were “sources in Jerusalem” saying, a day after White House spokesman Jay Carney claimed the US can see what’s going on with Iran’s nuclear program and that it would know if Tehran is close to obtaining a nuclear weapon.
“I would also say that we have eyes — we have visibility into the program, and we would know if and when Iran made what’s called a breakout move towards acquiring a weapon,” said Carney.
The exchanges of rhetoric came as IsraelÂ’s leaders issue increasingly clear hints about an imminent Israeli resort to military action to thwart IranÂ’s nuclear drive, and with the US reportedly trying to persuade Israel to hold its fire.
Israel’s main TV news broadcast reported on Friday evening that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak have “almost finally” decided on an Israeli strike at Iran’s nuclear facilities this fall, and a final decision will be taken “soon.”
END EXCERPT
Is not treating our allies as allies the "Smart Diplomacy" we were promised?

enough hot air to launch the Arizona hot air balloon festival in under a minute?

not to mention pretty sorry strung together...don't they teach writing anymore?

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've broken their "nuclear program" more than once. With Israel's help, of course-or, rather, Israel broke it with lots and lots of our help.

In any case, this all just political Sirocco-look that up-besides being a pretty cool Volkswagen, it's also the name of a goddam hot wind. :lfao:

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Because Obama's foreign policy has been so supportive of Israel, right?

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I love how other countries are attempting to use our own war propaganda to get us to get into more war. Life on the inside of the empire is delusional.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
After 911 our efforts inteligence and covert ops have increased greatly. To compare pre 911 to todays world is comparing apples to oranges. Also, we cannot afford another shooting war. So anyone trying to point us in that direction is not in touch with reality.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
We've broken their "nuclear program" more than once. With Israel's help, of course-or, rather, Israel broke it with lots and lots of our help.

In any case, this all just political Sirocco-look that up-besides being a pretty cool Volkswagen, it's also the name of a goddam hot wind. :lfao:

that was a damn hot car (no pun intended)
My sister had one for a while.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
that was a damn hot car (no pun intended)
My sister had one for a while.

I had one for a while-got my money's worth out of it, and then some....lots of people called it the "Batmobile," never knew why. Cassette player got stuck with a White Zombie tape in it, so that's all you ever heard. Best memory: my friend John Urban, "Mr. Bluegrass." riding in the backseat with my friend Vince (Mr. Bodywork) riding shotgun and the two of us-Vince and me-singing along with "Spiderbaby," and John's hand lunging from the backseat and madly hitting the "EJECT' button to no avail.....:lfao:

Good times!!!! (Or did you think all my automotive good times involved Porsches, Ferraris and Bentleys? :lol: Ask about my Chrysler Newport Custom....:lfao: )

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually 'officials' didn't say this...a news channel said that sources said that officials said this! So, 'other countries' aren't trying to get you into a war, someone may be but not the whole country, surely you don't believe everything your media says so why do you assume a media source speaks for a country, very naive.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Actually 'officials' didn't say this...a news channel said that sources said that officials said this! So, 'other countries' aren't trying to get you into a war, someone may be but not the whole country, surely you don't believe everything your media says so why do you assume a media source speaks for a country, very naive.

Our mainstream media is just an outlet for state propaganda, is Isreal's different?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our mainstream media is just an outlet for state propaganda, is Isreal's different?

Of course it's different. Judging everyone by yourselves is a big mistake, look at Romney opening his mouth and missing the mood of the British and the Olympics so badly. If he becomes President he will have set off on the wrong foot with us. Assuming things are the same in other countries as it is in America is dangerous.

Last edited:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I had one for a while-got my money's worth out of it, and then some....lots of people called it the "Batmobile," never knew why. Cassette player got stuck with a White Zombie tape in it, so that's all you ever heard. Best memory: my friend John Urban, "Mr. Bluegrass." riding in the backseat with my friend Vince (Mr. Bodywork) riding shotgun and the two of us-Vince and me-singing along with "Spiderbaby," and John's hand lunging from the backseat and madly hitting the "EJECT' button to no avail.....:lfao:

Good times!!!! (Or did you think all my automotive good times involved Porsches, Ferraris and Bentleys? :lol: Ask about my Chrysler Newport Custom....:lfao: )

LOL, do I dare ask about those times?

Latest Discussions