Update

jesters_tools

White Belt
Reaction score
My little boy and I are going to be taking our yellow belt test the week after next. My wife and oldest son quit studying Kenpo:(. They just wasn't quite as eager to learn as me and Bub. I haven't been going to anything but the private lessons for about a month and a half now. I was working alot of hours for a while there but that excuse expired about 3 weeks ago. I have just been lazy and am trying to find the motivation to be there every time the doors are open.Tracy Kenpo Rules!!!!!!!
Jesse

OP
J

jesters_tools

White Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, Kenpo is addictive. I took TKD for
K a few months years ago, but it just didn't get you to thinking like Kenpo does. I love how every attack may have 2 or 3 different strikes or more in the technique before the end. When I first learned knee of vengeance I thought, man a knee to the groan should be effective. But then when I realized that the knee is followed by a stomp on the bridge of the foot THEN followed by an elbow to the head, I thought "holy crap! I do NOT want to fight anyone with much experience in Kenpo! I love the mix of Kung fu and Karate. It lends alot of flexability to the form. I also like the different styles of teching for different situations. You are taught what works best when sparring, in self defense, and as an art form. I've said it before"Tracy Kenpo Rules!"
Jesse
Soon to be yellow belt!:)

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, Kenpo is addictive. I took TKD for
K a few months years ago, but it just didn't get you to thinking like Kenpo does. I love how every attack may have 2 or 3 different strikes or more in the technique before the end. When I first learned knee of vengeance I thought, man a knee to the groan should be effective. But then when I realized that the knee is followed by a stomp on the bridge of the foot THEN followed by an elbow to the head, I thought "holy crap! I do NOT want to fight anyone with much experience in Kenpo! I love the mix of Kung fu and Karate. It lends alot of flexability to the form. I also like the different styles of teching for different situations. You are taught what works best when sparring, in self defense, and as an art form. I've said it before"Tracy Kenpo Rules!"
Jesse
Soon to be yellow belt!:)

YEP! Good luck on that test!

Latest Discussions