Update on Rehab exercises

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Still taking it slow, and it sucks, but every now and then on certain days I can feel a small reminder of where I hurt my back a few months ago. So with a healthier diet and rehab exercises it looks like I've dropped 6 pounds and I may break the 200lbs mark before November.

Tonight will be the start of my stretching routine that I'll do 3 times a day. It feels like my back is strong enough to do things like touch my toes, so we'll see how that works in the following weeks.

Punching power feels incredibly weak. I can tell it's been a while but I'll handle that in due time after I get some more flexibility back into my body.

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Still taking it slow, and it sucks, but every now and then on certain days I can feel a small reminder of where I hurt my back a few months ago. So with a healthier diet and rehab exercises it looks like I've dropped 6 pounds and I may break the 200lbs mark before November.

Tonight will be the start of my stretching routine that I'll do 3 times a day. It feels like my back is strong enough to do things like touch my toes, so we'll see how that works in the following weeks.

Punching power feels incredibly weak. I can tell it's been a while but I'll handle that in due time after I get some more flexibility back into my body.

yikes.
Sorry to hear.
I healing up after a wrist injury.
Seems I didnt throw myself fast enough, when a partner was locking me with full speed full power. Bad uke.

no bad break or dislocation, but i did get a hairline fracture, and damaged my tendons and ligament.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
yikes.
Sorry to hear.
I healing up after a wrist injury.
Seems I didnt throw myself fast enough, when a partner was locking me with full speed full power. Bad uke.

no bad break or dislocation, but i did get a hairline fracture, and damaged my tendons and ligament.
Definitely take care of your wrist. You have 3 things to heal from, bone, tendon, and ligament each with their own recommended healing time.

I wish you the best with that. Good thing is you can still kick. What's the expected healing time for all of that damage?

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
we're all just old :D

I'm still rehabbing the knee, still can't walk down stairs normally.
lol. I'll fight my age and the rust that comes with it. Do you have to turn sideways to walk down the steps?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
lol. I'll fight my age and the rust that comes with it. Do you have to turn sideways to walk down the steps?

When the left goes down, yes, yes I do.

Don't know why all of a sudden this section of the Warren Zevon song Renegade is running through my head

I don't want to grow old gracefully
I don't want to go 'til it's too late
I'll be some old man in the road somewhere
Kneeling down in the dust by the side of the interstate

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Definitely take care of your wrist. You have 3 things to heal from, bone, tendon, and ligament each with their own recommended healing time.

I wish you the best with that. Good thing is you can still kick. What's the expected healing time for all of that damage?

3 to 6 weeks remaining, based on how well I have been healing so far.

The problem with being a 6'4" tall guy with 257 lbs is that you have more inertia to overcome. which means it takes a bit longer to flip.

My griping strength in my right hand is down about 28%. But it was worse, before rehab began. I was down about 40%.

Thankfully, I am ambidextrous, so other than turning my car key in the ignition switch, and doing normal palm down "pushups" there hasn't been much of a negative impact.
For the moment, I am only doing knuckle on the floor pushups, in lieu, of the normal ones.

The hairline fracture has healed very quickly due to a very high utilization of allantoin in my recovery plan.
allantoin is found in the comfrey plant.

I became a fan of Comfrey when I was teenage skater who broke a few bones. My next door neighbor was a botanist/herbalist from Sweden.
He swore by its efficacy, in healing breaks.
I was skeptical, but gave it a shot.
The outcome was very good, and I asked him how to grow it. Since then, I always have comfrey and aloe vera growing.

It helped me heal very quickly when an axe kick broke my left collarbone.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I became a fan of Comfrey when I was teenage skater who broke a few bones. My next door neighbor was a botanist/herbalist from Sweden.
I definitely want to know more about this plant. Is there a way you have to prepare it? I did a quick look and webmd had a lot to say about the Toxins.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
When the left goes down, yes, yes I do.

Don't know why all of a sudden this section of the Warren Zevon song Renegade is running through my head

Warren Zevon songs will do that to a guy.....

"Now I'm hiding in Honduras
I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns and money
The **** has hit the fan.
"

Now I'm going to be singing this all day.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
you rub it on, you dont eat it
yep I get that part. But from what I read it's still toxic.. I know there are some things that are only toxic in high concentrations and other things are toxic or non-toxic if you prepare it a certain way. Like Almond water can easily kill a person if it's made incorrectly. Apple seeds contain toxins too but only is an issue in concentration.

I didn't know if there was a special way the plant is prepared for medicinal use or not. I'll do some more reading on it.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Warren Zevon songs will do that to a guy.....

"Now I'm hiding in Honduras
I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns and money
The **** has hit the fan.
"

Now I'm going to be singing this all day.

I liked that one, a lot.....another one of his was pretty much my theme song in my 20s :D

"Looking through the want ads sipping Fosters in the shade"

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I definitely want to know more about this plant. Is there a way you have to prepare it? I did a quick look and webmd had a lot to say about the Toxins.

This plant has been used for over 150 years in northern Europe. But the medical pharmaceutical industry has a vested interest in destroying folk medicine and knowledge and using FUD to scare people away from first aid and folk medicine and pushing people into dependence on patented pill drugs. (I know it sounds like I am a tinfoil hat conspiracy nut... but i am not)

use an infusion (strong tea) of fresh or dried leaves, either to soak a part such as a sore finger or to dab on a cut with cotton. Crushed foliage can be applied externally, or a raw leaf rubbed on skin lesions such as rashes or bruises. Comfrey should not be applied to open wounds or broken skin.

The most common medicinal use of comfrey are in poultices to help heal swellings, inflammations and and injuries.

To make such a dressing, let the leaves mush up in hot water, squeeze out the excess liquid and wrap several handfuls of the hot, softened foliage in a clean cloth. Apply the pad to the affected part—comfortably hot, but not scalding—and cover the area with a thick folded towel to keep the heat in. The moist warmth enhances the healing effect of the allantoin.

Method 2.
To use comfrey externally, it may be made into a strong tea and used as a wash or it can be dried and used in an ointment or salve.
I.e. admit into a small amount of tigerbalm or bagbalm, or with dmso.

If used fresh, the bruised, fresh leaf is applied directly to the skin, and the cleansed, crushed root can be applied to a minor wound if desired. In minor burns, applying fresh comfrey leaf or root to the area can be helpful.

While I cannot give medical advice, because I do not "practice medicine" without a license i can only talk about my research and experimentation in personal studies. This does not constitute medical advice.

My personal studies have informed me of the following.

Liver toxicity is mitigated by discontinuation of use by day 10. Use for 10 days only. use the poultice or ointment/balm no more than 3 or 4 times daily.

As a side note....
Back in the day, Sven told me that several Russian botanists told him that they orally consumed a tea of comfrey (symphytum officinale) root or leaf extract, with no ill effects.
Sven said Russians are notorious vodka drinkers (a stereotype that is true more often than not) So liver health was very important to them.

Dosage was not more than half a tea spoon in 500ml water a day, to abstain from overburdening the liver.

1/2 tsp in 500 ml (about 1 & 3/4 cups of water.)

Last edited:
OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This plant has been used for over 150 years in northern Europe. But the medical pharmaceutical industry has a vested interest in destroying folk medicine and knowledge and using FUD to scare people away from first aid and folk medicine and pushing people into dependence on patented pill drugs. (I know it sounds like I am a tinfoil hat conspiracy nut... but i am not)

use an infusion (strong tea) of fresh or dried leaves, either to soak a part such as a sore finger or to dab on a cut with cotton. Crushed foliage can be applied externally, or a raw leaf rubbed on skin lesions such as rashes or bruises. Comfrey should not be applied to open wounds or broken skin.

The most common medicinal use of comfrey are in poultices to help heal swellings, inflammations and and injuries.

To make such a dressing, let the leaves mush up in hot water, squeeze out the excess liquid and wrap several handfuls of the hot, softened foliage in a clean cloth. Apply the pad to the affected part—comfortably hot, but not scalding—and cover the area with a thick folded towel to keep the heat in. The moist warmth enhances the healing effect of the allantoin.

Method 2.
To use comfrey externally, it may be made into a strong tea and used as a wash or it can be dried and used in an ointment or salve.

If used fresh, the bruised, fresh leaf is applied directly to the skin, and the cleansed, crushed root can be applied to a minor wound if desired. In minor burns, applying fresh comfrey leaf or root to the area can be helpful.

While I cannot give medical advice, because I do not "practice medicine" without a license i can only talk about my research and experimentation in personal studies. This does not constitute medical advice.

Liver toxicity is mitigated by discontinuation of use by day 10. Use for 10 days only. use the poultice or ointment/balm no more than 3 or 4 times daily.

As a side note....
Back in the day, Sven told me that several Russian botanists told him that they orally consumed a tea of comfrey (symphytum officinale) root or leaf extract, with no ill effects.
Sven said Russians are notorious vodka drinkers (a stereotype that is true more often than not) So liver health was very important to them.

Dosage was not more than half a tea spoon in 500ml water a day, to abstain from overburdening the liver.

Oh this sounds similar to how Dit-da - jow is made (dried leaves) and used. The open wound warning is the same. To be honest most modern medicines say that too

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Method 2.

As a side note....

Oh this sounds similar to how Dit-da - jow is made (dried leaves) and used. The open wound warning is the same. To be honest most modern medicines say that too

Latest Discussions