underuniform wear? spinoff of "Girls, Whats under your Gis"

OP
K

KanoLives

I rock the boxer briefs under the gi and no cup unless I'm sparring.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dan Anderson

BTW, if someone starts a thread of the most painful or most embarrassing nut shots received, I'll contribute but I won't start it.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

You're talking a horror stories thread for us guys. I don't even want to think about it, because just doing so hurts... :eek: :(

:ultracool

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dan Anderson
. . .
BTW, if someone starts a thread of the most painful or most embarrassing nut shots received, I'll contribute but I won't start it.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Dan,

I know a guy who got a twisted Testicle from a side kick and he was wearing a cup :(. It swelled and well the pain was unbelieveable, or at elast as he tells it. I believe him just under principal as I do not wish to feel that pain :eek: :shrug:

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rich Parsons
Dan,

I know a guy who got a twisted Testicle from a side kick and he was wearing a cup :(. It swelled and well the pain was unbelieveable, or at elast as he tells it. I believe him just under principal as I do not wish to feel that pain :eek: :shrug:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

See! That what I'm talking about...:( :eek:

AAAHHH!!!:eek:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wear Boxer Briefs and a Tshirt under my Gi, even in the summer. The Tshirt helps protect my Delicate Chest hair durring grabs... hee hee

Its also a plus as I can take my belt off and train with my Gi Jacket open to simulate a Jacket on the street for grabs and stuff etc...

No cups. I did wear a Bowl once... But It was awkward.

OP
T

TLH3rdDan

commando all the way... and of course no cup "good defense mean safe nads"

OP
A

andurilking2

Dan,

I know a guy who got a twisted Testicle from a side kick and he was wearing a cup . It swelled and well the pain was unbelieveable, or at elast as he tells it. I believe him just under principal as I do not wish to feel that pain

i was roofing my house once and i fell and on the way down i slid and ripped my scrotem open on a nail that was half-way nailed in. :rofl: After a 7 hour hospital visit and 12 stitches later i still couldn't walk for about 2 months.
(not martial arts orientated but still by far the worst nut shot i have suffered, considering one testicle was outside......)

OP
I

islandtime

Originally posted by andurilking2
hey i was wondering what any male ma find most comfortable and practicle to wear under a uniform
right now i train in just boxers and my uniform
............................................................................................

My uniform is usually a dogi and hakama. It is so darned hot under that hakama that I wear some long running shorts (black) with a built in brief. Under the dogi I wear a "coolmax" t shirt to help wick the sweat. No cup necessary in Iaido.

Gene Gabel

Turner

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I rarely wear a gi when I train. I prefer to wear a pair of Battle Dress Uniform (BDU) pants, boxers and a t-shirt. I've found that it is the most comfortable thing to wear while being similar to every-day wear.

When I wear a gi, I also wear a t-shirt, a cup and shorts. All of my students are required to wear a t-shirt under their gi if that is the uniform of the day.

I've attended schools that actually encouraged students to go commando under their uniform, claiming Japanese tradition. More power to them. I think this is silly because training is sometimes just as unpredictable as combat. You never know what may happen and I don't think that people want to be flashed if a uniform gets torn or just happens to open up.

Latest Discussions