Ultimate self defense championship(battle of youtubers) ep 6 is now up.

Holmejr

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Enlightening for sure. No bone breaking or joint hyperextending which is a real part of knife defense but impossible to practice.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
By the way. This is my theory of going ham on striking rather than the knife control angle.

I might knock the guy out or upset them enough to give me an out. It is low percentage. But so is everything else.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
By the way. This is my theory of going ham on striking rather than the knife control angle.

I might knock the guy out or upset them enough to give me an out. It is low percentage. But so is everything else.
Haven't watched the video yet. I'm actually 2 behind.

But my thoughts have been, if I have a weapon, I'll play the weapon game. If I don't, I've seen people get panicked and not react properly when someone blitzes them with strikes in sparring-weapon and non weapon. If they flash a weapon at me, probably the same. Chances they'll flail and I'll get cut go up, but so do chances they won't aim that cut and it'll be superficial. That seems like a good risk to take.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Haven't watched the video yet. I'm actually 2 behind.

But my thoughts have been, if I have a weapon, I'll play the weapon game. If I don't, I've seen people get panicked and not react properly when someone blitzes them with strikes in sparring-weapon and non weapon. If they flash a weapon at me, probably the same. Chances they'll flail and I'll get cut go up, but so do chances they won't aim that cut and it'll be superficial. That seems like a good risk to take.

Spoiler.

Everyone got eviscerated.

OP
T

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score

I've never been in a real knife fight. I've did sparring with training blades and I've pulled a blade in a situation before but didn't have to use it. It scared the attacker off. I haven't ever seen a real knife fight in person but I have witnessed a stabbing and also an attempted stabbing. Neither of those was a duel it was one guy with a knife and the other guy was screwed. The attempted one though happened like this, I came down from my apt building and a dude as soon as I got outside had a knife out and I was like oh crap. But I wasn't the target it was 2 druggies arguing over money. So anyways this guy pulls out a folding knife starts charging at the other guy and there was a person smoking on the side walk not involved at all, so the guy charges the other guy runs and when the guy with the knife gets close to the guy running. The guy on the sidewalk kicks him in the wrist with a crescent kick and the knife flies into the drain.