UFC is rigged wth?

Denoaikido

Green Belt
Reaction score
Paddy sure lost so did the polish monster let's debate it ?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah possibly.

I still can't figure out how to score a fight by watching.

OP
Denoaikido

Denoaikido

Green Belt
Reaction score
It's pretty easy you have the stats but you also have the commentators knowing it's bs lol

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I still can't figure out how to score a fight by watching.
What would you think about going to a more concrete point system like I outlined in the thread on getting more arts into UFC? Something more like what wrestling, BJJ, and Taekwondo have, where each technique is scored individually. For example:

• 1 Point: Punches, elbows, knees, leg kicks, recovering position in grappling
  • 2 Points: Body kicks, spinning arm strikes, advancing position in grappling, sweep or reversal in grappling
  • 3 Points: Head kicks, spinning kicks, submission threats, jumping position in grappling

Like with wrestling, BJJ, and TKD (at black belt), you would still have a win condition that ignores points, such as a submission, KO, or TKO. However, if the fight is not decided by the fighters, then this point system could be used to determine the winner. (I'm not talking about the specific details of the numbers, just if a point system like that would make sense).

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What would you think about going to a more concrete point system like I outlined in the thread on getting more arts into UFC? Something more like what wrestling, BJJ, and Taekwondo have, where each technique is scored individually. For example:

• 1 Point: Punches, elbows, knees, leg kicks, recovering position in grappling
  • 2 Points: Body kicks, spinning arm strikes, advancing position in grappling, sweep or reversal in grappling
  • 3 Points: Head kicks, spinning kicks, submission threats, jumping position in grappling

Like with wrestling, BJJ, and TKD (at black belt), you would still have a win condition that ignores points, such as a submission, KO, or TKO. However, if the fight is not decided by the fighters, then this point system could be used to determine the winner. (I'm not talking about the specific details of the numbers, just if a point system like that would make sense).

I still think that unless you understand the system. You are not going to be able to score it.

The old saying in fight sports is knock em out leave no doubt.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I still think that unless you understand the system. You are not going to be able to score it.

The old saying in fight sports is knock em out leave no doubt.
At least with that system, you can see the points throughout the match, and the points are relatively objective. I landed two punches and an elbow and four leg kicks, so I have 7 points. My opponent then got a take-down (2 points), passed my guard (4 points), into mount (6 points) and landed four punches from ground and pound (10 points). So I lose 7-10.

In this case, 10-7 means my opponent scored roughly 30% more techniques on me. In UFC rules, that might be a 10-9 round or a 10-8 round. If my opponent and I are stalled most of the match, the score might be closer to 5-4, and if we were incredibly active it might be 25-20. This would give you an idea of how active fights were.

As an example, I went and watched my BJJ professor do a competition a few weeks ago. I'm still fairly new and don't fully understand the scoring system. However, when he won by points, he won 7 to 0, and his opponent didn't even have any advantage points. This paints a much clearer picture of what happened than if he were to win the round 10-8 or 10-7 using UFC scoring criteria.

MetalBoar

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think it would be a much more interesting sport if you could only win by (T)KO or submission. If the fight goes the full time without a victor then the money goes in the purse for the next fight, kind of like the lottery. Build some real motivation after a few draws.

I know that quick finishes are often a disappointment (I paid WHAT for PPV and the title match was over in the first round!?!) for a lot of people, but I also like the idea of a bonus structure that encourages winning as fast as possible. KO your opponent in the first 15 seconds? big bonus! Finish them in the first round? Full payout. Don't manage it until the end of round 3? You get 1/3 of the payout and the other 2/3 of the money goes in the pot for the next fight.

OP
Denoaikido

Denoaikido

Green Belt
Reaction score
Need to bring back no judges no holds barred then it's what goes is real otherwise you're always fighting under a real set regardless of what that is

OP
Denoaikido

Denoaikido

Green Belt
Reaction score
I meant to say be nice no time limit no rules no holds bar np rule set to fallow just use it all type of scenario would be captivating I'm sure

Latest Discussions