UFC: Brock Lesnar dominates Frank Mir and GSP rolls

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Come onnnnnnn Bobby Lashley!!!!!!

lol

Man did Henderson knock the common sense out of Bisping. Man I was too happy about that ending and that second shot was even better as he was on the ground. lol...Bisping has been quiet since the end of the fight. That KO was up there with Franklins KO of Nate Quarry. Now that was scary, I thought Nate was dead..lol

GSP is just a beast.

tallgeese

Green Belt
Reaction score
It's hard to defend Lesner's antics, so I won't try. But there's no doubt, even if he got a title shot too soon, that he's added a certain amount of hype to the heavyweight division. There's probably cross over fans aplenety buying ppv's now.

He's getting better each time in the ring, he's using more tools and improving. That's a good sign for fight fans, he'll most likkely be around a bit and it wil make his fights more fun to watch.

Fedor might get in and knock some humility into him. At the very least, some other mutant with NCAA cred will show up and beat him at some point. You can't blame him for cutting weight to make the class. It's the game.

Now, is there an arguement for a super heavy? Maybe, but he'd still cut to heavys unless the limit was severly dropped.

The card as a whole was pretty exciting with good fights. Time well spent.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That alone made the PPV worth it. LOL

Bisping looked so peaceful lying there, didn't he. zzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZ
ROFL

lol. I haven't see it yet, but it must have been nice and quite without him running his mouth and trash talking.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would have no objection to Brock's size if it was natural but he is so very obviously a (slobbering) roid-monster.

I want to see Dana show some intengrity (bwaaaahahhahah I crack myself up sometimes....) and make Brock be CLEAN before he fights.

I want to see Brock fight without the energy, size, strength and aggresiveness that the steroids give him.

I do give him a tiny bit of credit on at least learning the game.

And Mir deserved to lose. His "defense" (if you can even call it that) was pitiful.

As for GSP — he fought textbook perfect. He was constantly working, looking for submissions/knockouts but it just didn't happen (shrug). He dominated that entire fight and worked over the other guy. Kudos to his opponent for hanging in there and denying GSP the submission or knockout.

Hendy just plain beat the PISS out of Bispin. More training and less mouth running would probably do Bisp a lotta good.

My final comment is I wish there were more GSPs and fewer Lesners in the UFC, but it'll never happen with White running the show. (Who cares about things like sportsmanship and class when there is MONEY to be made?? ;))

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have no objection to Brock's size if it was natural but he is so very obviously a (slobbering) roid-monster.

I want to see Dana show some intengrity (bwaaaahahhahah I crack myself up sometimes....) and make Brock be CLEAN before he fights.)

What's obvious about it? Granted, the guy's huge. He' always been huge. Other than his muscularity, though, he displays none of the outward effects of steroid use: no acne on the back or otherwise, no puffed cheeks, no hyper-vascularity. The UFC drug tests regularly, and he's never been busted. Granted, again, he's hyper-muscular, but that really can be accomplished naturally, even to the extent the he has, with the right training and genetics.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
wasnt lesner the same size in college that he is now? and in college, they ARE tested.

maybe Lesner is just THAT big and THAT strong

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't like Lesnar at all but that is one big S.O.B.
I won't say he does P.E.D.'s because he hasn't come up dirty to my knowledge and I'm sure if he did the news would be out there big time. Due to his size and the sport I am sure he is getting tested like crazy and from what I can see in the past, the guy has stayed the same size.

I don't like him b/c of his attitude and arrogance and I will leave it at that. Kimbo Slice showed more respect in the ring.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Bisping was not only out but he was out for a very long time. Many never come back to the game after an incident like that. It will be interesting to see if he can make the mental adjustments to return to the sport at the level he was performing at or if the knockout was the beginning of the end for him. I thought Bisping was an all right bloke during his time in the TUF house but I thought he was a jerk and idiot and mentally weak as a coach. All that smack talking (fear battling ego), throwing a cup of water at that American fighter as he walked by him (childish and petty) and ‘oversleeping’ and missing his fighters fight (lack of maturity and selfishness if he did indeed ‘sleep' right through the fight) gave great insight to Bisping as a man and competitor which is why I will be interested to see how his sports career progresses from this devastating and humiliating loss.

I thought the PPV was pretty good this time with good quality fights. It was great that those talking the most smack ended up losing and losing badly, it is fine trying to push buttons and get into your opponents head but if you are going to talk loud and big about yourself and small about your opponent, it works best if you can back it up. I thought that Mir gave a good honest interview immediately after the fight while still in the ring. He seems to have the right mental outlook and if so will be back and will continue to improve. I thought the first fight between Belcher and Akiyama was a decent fight but that Belcher got robbed by the judges…proving that a knockout or submission beats out politics, not enough to hope to win. I thought that GSP’s corner was the best that I have seen in a VERY long time. I thought Lesnar has been taking a lot of abuse in the sports press and forums and who knows what other harassments and he went out with something to prove and proved it. His actions afterward I think guaranteed a higher viewer turnout for the next PPV he is in. He is an amazing athlete in my opinion. As far as him being too big or strong…it is a sport with rules, it seems silly to hate someone for being able to dominate while following those rules, but, what do I know I do not follow the sport that closely.

Regards
Brian King

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've watched every Lesnar fight, his attitude has gotten progressively worse with the each reception he's recieved by both the crowds and the fighters.

He's received absolutely no respect from either, so why would you expect him to give it?

Not saying I endorse his attitude, but I can see how and why it developed.

I too would prefer more GSPs but that ain't gonna happen.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
To say that Brock won because of his size diminishes the skill he showed in the fight, IMO. What I saw him do was brilliant wrestling. Brock used his body like a net to hold Frank down and punch him. When Frank moved to get a better position, Brock checked him at every step. He showed great awareness of his opponents positions and his drilling was obviously spot on when it came to the counters. Watch the fight again and watch how Brock uses his head to not only bludgeon Frank, but to also pin his upper body so his hands and feet could counter Frank's position. With that kind of wrestling skill and those kinds of punches, he is going to be very hard to beat on the ground. It's going to take someone who is very explosive and strong in order to pop a good position and go for a sub on Lesnar. I think Randy's strategy of keeping him up in the clinch against the fence has merit. Take away his ability to take you down at will and out position you on the ground and beat the crap out of you.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
What's obvious about it? Granted, the guy's huge. He' always been huge. Other than his muscularity, though, he displays none of the outward effects of steroid use: no acne on the back or otherwise, no puffed cheeks, no hyper-vascularity. The UFC drug tests regularly, and he's never been busted. Granted, again, he's hyper-muscular, but that really can be accomplished naturally, even to the extent the he has, with the right training and genetics.

We'll see ;)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave Jackson, Bisping's MT at Wolfslair has said he received a text from him saying he's OK, there was a lot of concern after that KO.
Mikey usually posts up on one of the UK forums after a fight so I'll let you know what he said.
It's fine people giving him grief for his fighting abilities, coaching and his manner but some of the forums have been slagging him off for his nationality which shows a lot of childishness. You can't judge all Brits by him and I'm sure those fans wouldn't want Americans to be judged by Lesnar!
This at least is one place where we don't get that rubbish!

PurpleParham84

White Belt
Reaction score
Now I hate Lesnar just as much as the next guy, and I would love to see a fight between him and Fedor. But, I don't think that will happen. Dana says he WANTS Fedor and he is going to get him. But I don't think Fedor will think twice to say no, and I don't blame him. It's a lose/lose situation in the long run.

Think about it. Fedor signs with the UFC, and let's say he wins. Then he just dethroned a monster and a rematch will be another huge PPV payout. So, there goes 2 fights off his (predicting) 2-3 fight deal.

What if he loses the first?!? He won't get an immediate rematch, he wasn't the champion. Then what? He becomes another Cro Cop? Fighting off the rest of his contract and ruining his reputation by coming to the UFC.

I think Fedor is the best in the world. He is the best in the world because he has beat top heavyweights. Just because he dismisses any UFC offers does not discredit his status amongst heavyweights in the world. I don't think he would try to dodge Lesnar either. But he knows winning that fight won't do any wonders for his career, while losing it would put him in the pit of UFC heavyweights and not such a top prospect for any other organization.

Gasp! Done.....My opinions....peace...