Two Dragons "TDT" in MMA fight!!!

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Richard Junio is on our Comp Team. He is focused on MMA. Fights under Striking Unlimited. He trains almost exclusively with us. This is his first MMA fight he has some promise. He is very Tough and ultra quick.

This guy is a tremendous Head Kicker although you don't see it here.

His base art is TKD he has been training for 12 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nice! They talked about his quickness a lot in the clip. WTF cardio and quickness training is 2nd to none, in my opinion.

Congrats to BAM BAM!

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
I love watching good tkd fighters in these events. The way they switch from south paw to orthodox is great and its what we learn to do. Ive never understood fighting in the same stance and switching is a great innovation in my opinion.

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Nice! They talked about his quickness a lot in the clip. WTF cardio and quickness training is 2nd to none, in my opinion.

Congrats to BAM BAM!

The Cardio training is the best at TDT you will never see a TDT fighter winded.

It is what we like to call "DOG" shape.

He is going to fight in China this fall in a kick boxing match. Going over with Dewey Cooper!!!!

Terry really worked them out tonight. He is in great shape. At 125 this kid is strong!!!!

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Cardio training is the best at TDT you will never see a TDT fighter winded.

It is what we like to call "DOG" shape.

He is going to fight in China this fall in a kick boxing match. Going over with Dewey Cooper!!!!

Terry really worked them out tonight. He is in great shape. At 125 this kid is strong!!!!
That is great. Is Dewey still competing? How old is he now. I use to watch him a few years back in K-1. I pulled for him as he was a small heavy weight.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Congrats to BAM BAM!

I can agree with that. Some of those Olympic style drills are totally foreign to what I trained growing up, but I can't deny their effectiveness.

By the way, has anyone ever viewed Jeanette Love's TKD drills DVD? I would be interested in adding some foot 'lightness' drills in my TKD class and am looking for training ideas.

Last edited:
OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That is great. Is Dewey still competing? How old is he now. I use to watch him a few years back in K-1. I pulled for him as he was a small heavy weight.

Dewey is 37-38. He is still competing. He fought in China Last spring!!!

He may fight also? Unsure!!!!! I believe he is fighting @ 185 now. When he fights.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can agree with that. Some of those Olympic style drills are totally foreign to what I trained growing up, but I can't deny their effectiveness.

By the way, has anyone ever viewed Jeanette Love's TKD drills DVD? I would be interested in adding some foot 'lightness' drills in my TKD class and am looking for training ideas.
Never heard of the DVD in question, but from the many dojangs that I have been in that do WTF style sparring, they all do the same drills. I have yet to see one that is doing anything different than any other. These are dojangs with top end competitors.

Most of these schools have masters or instructors that have been on or around the US National teams. They all cross train at various dojangs so they are all doing the same stuff. Not sure where you are located but if you have never taken your kids to some other dojang for a training session you should look into doing that. You will pick up some cool stuff to take back to your dojang. It is always good to see what others are doing. They may even pick some stuff up from you. Each school has it signature drill also, so it is fun to see that.

If you have a large school don't take everyone, only your top 4 or 5 students. Of course you will have to contact the school in advance to see if this is OK and to setup the date and time. Also don't go in with any attitude, be humble and open minded. Humble is the most important. And make sure you kids respect and show that respect when in another dojang. It goes a long way in the TKD world.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Correction, that is Lynnette Love. Using the other name will bring up some NSFW stuff on Google. :uhyeah:

[yt]PDgq1K_ypRE[/yt]

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Correction, that is Lynnette Love. Using the other name will bring up some NSFW stuff on Google. :uhyeah:

[yt]PDgq1K_ypRE[/yt]
Yes I have seen her stuff. Nothing that you won't find in any WTF sparring style dojang. There are many more drills but she hits all the basic ones. There are hundreds of drills so training never gets boring.

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
We all do allot of the same stuff. Each school does things that are different!

Those types of things you will never see in a cross training session! You would have to be part of the Team. Each school has its own special ideas that they hold close to the vest.

The kicking drills are all very similar!! ATC made that comment when he came to our Dojang.

Each Master/Coach has outside influences which make everyones training different. Our Coach has a Boxing, Muay Thai, Wrestling and Track background! You see all those influences in what we do as far as training.

It is our secret sauce!!!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We all do allot of the same stuff. Each school does things that are different!

Those types of things you will never see in a cross training session! You would have to be part of the Team. Each school has its own special ideas that they hold close to the vest.

The kicking drills are all very similar!! ATC made that comment when he came to our Dojang.

Each Master/Coach has outside influences which make everyones training different. Our Coach has a Boxing, Muay Thai, Wrestling and Track background! You see all those influences in what we do as far as training.

It is our secret sauce!!!

Well take for for example I was a Karate guy long before my TKD days so we have a great front leg that we use alot, now this will help us for next year because of the fast kick to the head and that will be a great tool for us, good thing I always teach it nomatter what we do.

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well take for for example I was a Karate guy long before my TKD days so we have a great front leg that we use alot, now this will help us for next year because of the fast kick to the head and that will be a great tool for us, good thing I always teach it nomatter what we do.

That is a big advantage...That lead leg is a big deal in TKD these days!!!

Latest Discussions