The truth about real TKD

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is meant as a joke and a can be continue by all others wishing to add to the story, remember lets have fun with this and not get into the real history but a sitcom of sort of how it could have happen.

It was a breath taking am just about 60 years ago when two Korean gentleman stood in the valley gazing at the sunrise. The elder of the two said Henry I am tired of being broke and have nothing to look forward to for retirement. Henry turned his head and said Sang do not worry I have a game plan that I am about to bring to the limelight. A few days have passed and Henry invited several high people in the world of Korean Martial Arts, as they all sat down waiting for this special once in a lifetime meeting, one noticed a word on the table and ask what does this TaeKwonDo mean? Henry looked at him with anticipation and said MONEY and lots of it, again one of the twelve that was their replied how he said by renaming Karate and marketing it to the world as the Ultimate Fighting system. They each turn and looked at him in regards as are you nuts who would believe such a thing? Henry said first we take to the Westerners because they are just plan gullible, one said is twelve men going to be able to market such a style all over America? Henry again looked puzzled and then replied we will send people from here, but we have not trained anybody on this taekwondo, Henry said no-matter when they get there they will just teach them to punch and kick like we do in the streets. So secretly they all agreed, they found one thousand instructor that they trained in two weeks bought them a ticket and away they went to conquer the world. After a few months they started talking about tracking each person Sang said this is easy we rank them from here, the other twelve men thought how do we rank someone we have never seen, he said the same way we gave rank to all those we sent forth into the world to teach these devastating art of teakwondo, if they pay they are. Only after several years and a million people later did they relize that on that day standing in that Valley looking at the sunrise was such a plan could be developed.

Today TKD has evolved into a mainstream art for the masses, the marketing that started out one day has become the most highly regarded ways of mass marketing all of today goods, cheap, inexpensive and just plan if they have the money we have the time syndrome.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No the names where change for privacy, this is suppose to be fun. Nobody has anything to add to make the story go on and on and on and on......

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
No the names where change for privacy, this is suppose to be fun. Nobody has anything to add to make the story go on and on and on and on......

LOL!!

Many years have since passed, the deciples of the original Martial Art had since grown bored with the same old routines they taught their students.

Maybe they had just grown tired and old.

So one day the 2 brothers and their childhood friend decided to change again the rules.
'We don't like to do the same things all the others do' said the older one.
'You are right, Brother' said the younger
'we need a new twist'
The friend nodded.
'I heard about this thing called 'BJJ'' the trio nodded.
'I hear it means incredible riches'
But that was not enough. They examined their schedules and found they had not enough time in the day to add even a scaled down program to the existing one.
'I got it' exclaimed the older 'We just cut our forms in half, then we make sparing optional, that should cut down on class time!'
The other 2 congratulated him, padding him on the shoulder.
'maybe in a few years we can cut out classes all around, just sell our DVDs we change every 2 years.' The younger wondered, Amazon made even more money with that idea, no store, just shipping books...

(names have been left out to protect my butt)
;)

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
LOL!!

Many years have since passed, the deciples of the original Martial Art had since grown bored with the same old routines they taught their students.

Maybe they had just grown tired and old.

So one day the 2 brothers and their childhood friend decided to change again the rules.
'We don't like to do the same things all the others do' said the older one.
'You are right, Brother' said the younger
'we need a new twist'
The friend nodded.
'I heard about this thing called 'BJJ'' the trio nodded.
'I hear it means incredible riches'
But that was not enough. They examined their schedules and found they had not enough time in the day to add even a scaled down program to the existing one.
'I got it' exclaimed the older 'We just cut our forms in half, then we make sparing optional, that should cut down on class time!'
The other 2 congratulated him, padding him on the shoulder.
'maybe in a few years we can cut out classes all around, just sell our DVDs we change every 2 years.' The younger wondered, Amazon made even more money with that idea, no store, just shipping books...

(names have been left out to protect my butt)
;)
The brothers then decided to start a supposed mixed martial arts competition where they would hand pick fighters they knew would lose to these bjj fighters. They flew in the worst that karate, tkd kung fu etc had to offer to make sure there was no chance they may actually do well. The only problem they had was that people would eventually ask questions such as "how could this system work against multiple attackers?" or "who wants to go to ground in a fight and risk the attackers mates jumping in or rolling around on broken glass etc?" but one of the brothers had a cunning idea. He decided to proclaim that statistically most fights go to the ground but he had to get these statistics from somewhere to prove this outragous claim. Luckily for him, his friend was a police officer and suggested they use statistics from police detaining people as they always go to the gound. So the word spread and strangely enough no one questioned these claims for years by which time they had clubs thriving all over the world. TKD, however, was still a thorn in their side as it was fast becoming the most pacticed martial art in the world, it became an olympic sport and clubs were over flowing with new members. The boys had a problem on their hands and set about spreading the word that tkd as a system was dead and that practitioners could not defend themselves. To be continued.........(sorry I couldnt help myself).