Tuf 10

Knives

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I just read that Darrill Schoonover was called back to active duty for the Army http://bit.ly/531Hyh

In the interview he said he was fighting on the finale Dec. 5. Did he unintentionally reveal that he defeated Marcus Jones on the un-aired Dec 2 semi-final episode?

I'm so confused. I can't find any discussions with the same question. Opinions please!

PictonMA

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It's also possible that he loses the unaired Dec 2 fight but is called back to fight on the Dec 5 card against someone else who lost.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I mistaken -- or have they somehow brought Kimbo back, despite his loss early on?

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
this season sux anyway so much isnt missed. only 2 fighters seem to b worth a damn. "titties" is in the army?... go figure. gotta b a reservist.

OP
K

Knives

Orange Belt
Reaction score
results leaked on wikipedia already it looks like

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
I laughed hard when the Brit waggled his chin at Roy and promptly got demolished.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I laughed hard when the Brit waggled his chin at Roy and promptly got demolished.

That was interesting and just another reason not to show boat.
icon6.gif

I will say that I was surprised when Marcus lost last night. Still Brandon really caught him and that is all it takes.

MattJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
That was interesting and just another reason not to show boat.
icon6.gif

Haha, agreed!

I will say that I was surprised when Marcus lost last night. Still Brandon really caught him and that is all it takes.

I was suprised, too. Marcus was fairly dominant in that fight up until he got caught. One good hit is all it takes! I think Marcus will beat Mitrione in the finale, though. I have Alexander whupping Kimbo's legs all over the place, too. Jones over Hamill.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you have some pretty good picks there. Truthfully Marcus is the hidden gem in this season as he has unlimited potential and the size to match it!
icon6.gif

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not to mention a great mental attitude and outlook. very different from a lot of the guys that get on the show.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not to mention a great mental attitude and outlook. very different from a lot of the guys that get on the show.

Yes, even when Marcus lost my wife and I felt bad even though we have been rooting for Rashad's team all along. (he is a Spartan after all and so are we)

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think you have some pretty good picks there. Truthfully Marcus is the hidden gem in this season as he has unlimited potential and the size to match it!
icon6.gif

What I thought was a huge benefit was his size. Even from a good guard, he could still reach over and pound "titties" and knock him out. Now I dont mean a Real good guard, but titties had his legs wrapped around Marcus's waist above marcus's hips and marcus still pounded the sense out of him.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i cant believe fat boy roy is gonna be in the finals. Brandon seems decent... but the other???? but hey, he won and seems to keep winning.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
He has a consistent (and so far effective strategy), take 'em down, put that big 'ol belly on their face, kneel on the hand and slap at their head until the ref stops the fight.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He has a consistent (and so far effective strategy), take 'em down, put that big 'ol belly on their face, kneel on the hand and slap at their head until the ref stops the fight.

Well Roy has a way of getting his opponet to fight his fight instead of there own, until somebody figures out not to play his game he will keep winning.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree....it just makes for lame fights is all. I can't help but feel the strategy is flawed...but it'll take a better athlete/mma tactitian than myself to figure it out :D

I wonder how he'd do againstg a Lyoto Machida or someone more discliplened and athletic than the guys int he hosue?

Peace,
Erik

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I CANNOT BELIEVE HE KNOCKED OUT BRANDON>

well, roy won again. and now Dana, who obviously didnt like him, had to pay him and give him a shot in the UFC.

WOW...

On another note...

Kimbo looked like he greatly improved his ground game. I must say, he impressed me there. Not saying he is top nothc yet, but he definately was improved over before. I was surprise at his Innacurate punching though. I couldn't believe he was missing some easy shots.... that was very surprising to me.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree....it just makes for lame fights is all. I can't help but feel the strategy is flawed...but it'll take a better athlete/mma tactitian than myself to figure it out :D

I wouldn't even say it's a strategy. It seemed more like a tactic to make the people he caught in the crucifix look as bad as possible.

It's kinda funny that a ref'll call the fight during that, (rather than standing them up even thought basically nothing is happening) but will let Jones pound on Hamil with every elbow strike under the sun for years before he does anything. (And then it's a bizarre DQ.)

The Slice fight was pathetic. 2:30 of circling? Deep stuff there.

Latest Discussions