TSD Uniforms

JWLuiza

Black Belt
Reaction score
I know Pro Force and Sang Moo Sa make TSD trim uniforms. Who else does? I also heard Sang Moo Sa aren't as good as they used to be...

Right now I have a 14 oz Pro Force black trim... looking for other options...

Best,

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My TSD instructor got Pro Force stuff. I still have my TSD uniform, and it's a Proforce, so that's all I know. I couldn't tell ya about Sang Moo Sa. Never had one of their uniforms. Sorry John :(

OP
JWLuiza

JWLuiza

Black Belt
Reaction score
Laurie,

Thanks for the reply. Sang Moo Sa/Pine Tree used to make great black or blue trim Tang Soo Do uniforms. Recent purchases from them have been lackluster. I'm getting happier with the 14oz Pro Force each day. At first they feel like velvet, but they get nicer after a few washes and they are very affordable (www.martialartssupermarket.com)

Best,

OP
JWLuiza

JWLuiza

Black Belt
Reaction score
BUMP

To see if anyone has any info on the TSD Trimmed Uniforms they use. I'm relatively satisfied with the Pro Force, but I'd like a Tokaido or Shureido level quality. I'm thinking of just getting a Tokaido trimmed...

JT_the_Ninja

Black Belt
Reaction score
My dobok may have had a brand name written on it once...can't find it anymore. It's one of the thick, canvas-type ones. I've heard the name Pine Tree before, but can't say for sure if that's what I have now.

OP
JWLuiza

JWLuiza

Black Belt
Reaction score
Geez, well that doesn't help :) Sang Moo Sa/Pine Tree used to be ok, but they switched manufactureres, so they aren't as good as they used to be. Thanks for thinking about it!

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I can't help either. Our forms are ProForce and "sent out" to have trim sewn on.

Chizikunbo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Proforce is good...but I recommend SUN by Choi Brothers over any one elses..they make great stuff, and the trim is done awesome as well. If you have an account with them, you can get a heavyweight uniform with full midnight blue trim, and a school logo embroidered on the back for about $45

mjd

Green Belt
Reaction score
Century Martial Arts also has traditional TSD uniform, the caryy many brand names.

OP
JWLuiza

JWLuiza

Black Belt
Reaction score
Century is THE BRAND. I really don't like century uniforms. josh - what weight are the Sun uniforms?

OP
JWLuiza

JWLuiza

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hmm. I'll have to take a look. I like 14oz or #10 Cotton from Japan... Getting some fabric for my Tokaido tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

Chizikunbo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yes, Boldlook is very good as well...they have great stuff all around! Actually I think they are the official supplier of the USSBDMDKF as well...

Master Ken

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have a pro force which my wife purchsed when I took my Sar Dan and I love it, did the Great North Run in it 2 years ago (1/2 marathon) and I was wrecked... I am dab hand with a sewing maching so now sew all my students trim on their dobohks.. for a small fee of course..

regards

Ken

OP
JWLuiza

JWLuiza

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a pro force which my wife purchsed when I took my Sar Dan and I love it, did the Great North Run in it 2 years ago (1/2 marathon) and I was wrecked... I am dab hand with a sewing maching so now sew all my students trim on their dobohks.. for a small fee of course..

regards

Ken
Proforce actually sells uniform with red/green/black/midnight blue trim in 12 oz uniforms... 14 oz black/midnight blue as well, but they are just OK uniforms.

OP
JWLuiza

JWLuiza

Black Belt
Reaction score
I just bought some canvas for my Tokaido. Pricing out a seamstress now. Will put up pics afterwards.

CDKJudoka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Post pics. Does your dojang use black belts or the midnight blue for the yudanja?

Or next time get a single weave judogi kimono. Nice, heavyweight and very soft. I refuse to wear anything else unless I have to (testing and ceremonies, etc.)