TSA To Review Frisking After Kid Gets Pat Down

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Link

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. — A Kentucky couple wants the TSA to change how it screens children after their 6-year-old daughter was frisked at the New Orleans airport.

Selena Drexel told ABC's "Good Morning America" Wednesday the family was returning home from a vacation earlier this month when their daughter Anna was selected for a pat-down. She said she asked for her daughter to be re-scanned, but was refused.

The TSA strikes again. LOL.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone IMO, should be getting screened in some fashion, but yes, they probably should have a different way to screen kids, vs. adults. Apparently, according to the parents, the child was crying, as she didn't know what was happening to her.

I do disagree when they said that kids were low risk people. I mean, do they honestly think that some nutjob terrorist wouldn't think twice about using a child to fulfill their terror deeds?

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Everyone IMO, should be getting screened in some fashion, but yes, they probably should have a different way to screen kids, vs. adults. Apparently, according to the parents, the child was crying, as she didn't know what was happening to her.

I do disagree when they said that kids were low risk people. I mean, do they honestly think that some nutjob terrorist wouldn't think twice about using a child to fulfill their terror deeds?

There has to be a better way for the government to ascertain that a child is not carrying any weapons or explosives short of a human being running his hands over the child's genitals. And yes, that's what the do now.

Where I'm from, that's molestation and it's a crime, even when the nice TSA agent does it.

And let's not pretend that the TSA could not possibly employ people who get their jollies this way:

http://www.eagletribune.com/latestnews/x300769656/Former-TSA-employee-charged-with-sex-assault

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm sure the TSA's review includes hand lotion, some tissues, and copious use of the pause button.

The TSA. Because not everyone can cut it as a mall cop.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
this is why I can't fly now.
I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old.
I guarantee you the first person who touched either one of them would get kicked across the room and it would rapidly devolve into a "how many tsa agents can you take?" question.

So I choose to avoid the situation all together and say **** the TSA

Latest Discussions