TSA Threatens Bloggers

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2009/12/dhs-threatens-blogger

TSA Threatens Blogger Who Posted New Screening Directive

Two bloggers received home visits from Transportation Security Administration agents Tuesday after they published a new TSA directive that revises screening procedures and puts new restrictions on passengers in the wake of a recent bombing attempt by the so-called underwear bomber.
Special agents from the TSA’s Office of Inspection interrogated two U.S. bloggers, one of them an established travel columnist, and served them each with a civil subpoena demanding information on the anonymous source that provided the TSA document.
The document, which the two bloggers published within minutes of each other Dec. 27, was sent by TSA to airlines and airports around the world and described temporary new requirements for screening passengers through Dec. 30, including conducting “pat-downs” of legs and torsos. The document, which was not classified, was posted by numerous bloggers. Information from it was also published on some airline websites.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If TSA knocked on my door, I'd crack it open, throw a bag full of cat poop, slam the door, and tell them to screen it from behind said closed door.

Do they have jurisdiction outside of public transit?

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Wait... there's Special Agents in the TSA? What kind of transparency does this organization have? Shouldn't that be left up to the FBI to investigate a breach in communication security with a government agency?

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
If TSA came to my door in a threatening way, I would inform them that I was really an illegal alien from Nigeria, who was here via an al-Qaeda cell in Yemen and that I was preparing explosives in the kitchen with a view towards murder n' martyrdom.

Then they would go away and leave me alone.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They're from the government, they're here to help.

And to stare at naked images of your form as you pass through a backscatter scanner. Its for the homeland you know. ;)

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If TSA came to my door in a threatening way, I would inform them that I was really an illegal alien from Nigeria, who was here via an al-Qaeda cell in Yemen and that I was preparing explosives in the kitchen with a view towards murder n' martyrdom.

Then they would go away and leave me alone.

When they came to my door, I informed them that I was a meat Popsicle, but they didn't go away. They told me to put my hands in the red circles and then they busted right in.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually, maybe the TSA needs to learn how to use Acrobat before posting documents. These asshats can't redact a document right (mind you they are supposed to be experts in this security thing), and we're going to trust them to scan our bodies with their new "instant naked" gear?

Nope.

I gotta fly twice this year. Guess who's gonna tell them I refuse to be blasted with 10,000 times the microwave radiation of my cell phone? They can rub my *** a bit in stead. I'll be sure I'm gassy that day too.

Is farting on a cop during a pat down "assault"?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Eh, might want to think twice about farting. I wouldn't want to do anything that might cause a TSA officer to slip and get closer to my secret parts. Patdowns aren't that bad. Kinda like doing the macarena, only easier. ;)

chaos1551

Blue Belt
Reaction score
When they came to my door, I informed them that I was a meat Popsicle, but they didn't go away. They told me to put my hands in the red circles and then they busted right in.

Sounds like a setup. Did the guy in the next apartment over get hauled away in a net?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If TSA came to my house, Id invite them in, but when they accepted, I would inform them that they were required to surrender all Electronics to me and that they needed to be searched, and that it was too late to refuse, as they already accepted these terms by accepting the invitation into the home, and if they tried to leave I would place them under arrest using force.

**** their dog and pony show.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No, but as a danger to yourself or others you might get tazed.

Better not be the sparking tazer..... ;)

If TSA came to my house, Id invite them in, but when they accepted, I would inform them that they were required to surrender all Electronics to me and that they needed to be searched, and that it was too late to refuse, as they already accepted these terms by accepting the invitation into the home, and if they tried to leave I would place them under arrest using force.

**** their dog and pony show.

hehehe

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Update:
Blogger Chris Elliot refused to cooperate and the subpoena was withdrawn. But travel blogger Steven Frischling complied with the request. Agents ended up destroying his laptop. It is not clear if they will compensate him for the broken computer.

Coming soon:

Attachments

• $nothing-to-hide-demotivator-small.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 110

Latest Discussions