Troubleshooting possible trouble student???

OP
T

thanson02

Blue Belt
Reaction score
right your still 8n contact with this young lady, I wonder why your wife took against her ?.
Ah, no and she is young enough to be my daughter. Ewwwwwwww

Well our conversation is over. Moving on.........

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
We have a declaration signoff in our membership paperwork regarding medical conditions that may affect training or need to be taken into consideration. That way you know from day one.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
T

thanson02

Blue Belt
Reaction score
We have a declaration signoff in our membership paperwork regarding medical conditions that may affect training or need to be taken into consideration. That way you know from day one.

That is a good idea.

How do you have it set up? is it just a form or they can go through unless things or is it set up more like a checklist set up?

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That is a good idea.

How do you have it set up? is it just a form or they can go through unless things or is it set up more like a checklist set up?

It's a form where we state that for insurance reasons we need to know if the person has any medical conditions or requirements that may affect their training. This form also includes things like food allergies for events, and allergies to specific medicines or latex in case a person needs to be treated.

There are a lot of cases we would never have known about without it. Diabetics, brain conditions, autism, anaphalaxis...it's quite surprising.

We also ask for written confirmation that it is safe to participate from a doctor where a condition is new to us. Keeps us covered in the unfortunate event.

OP
T

thanson02

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It's a form where we state that for insurance reasons we need to know if the person has any medical conditions or requirements that may affect their training. This form also includes things like food allergies for events, and allergies to specific medicines or latex in case a person needs to be treated.

There are a lot of cases we would never have known about without it. Diabetics, brain conditions, autism, anaphalaxis...it's quite surprising.

We also ask for written confirmation that it is safe to participate from a doctor where a condition is new to us. Keeps us covered in the unfortunate event.

That is perfect! Did you guys come up with the farm yourself, was it based on a free template if I'm online?

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That is perfect! Did you guys come up with the farm yourself, was it based on a free template if I'm online?

There are templates out there but we designed our own version.

OP
T

thanson02

Blue Belt
Reaction score
There are templates out there but we designed our own version.

Nice. I think this was what I was looking for. Streamlines the process and keeps everyone on the same page. Win-win!!! [emoji16]

advfhorn

White Belt
Reaction score
I would like to say I have seen a few of these people over the years and as a fellow karate ka it did affect my training when they were in class. Mostly because I would end up being forced to partner with them and they refused to do most of the techniques we were working on (I mean would not try even altering it at all). It got to the point that I was not getting a chance to practice the skills I should have been. Its one thing if they have a serious medical issue bu when the story keeps changing and you consistently cannot participate you have to ask if anyone is benefiting.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Admittedly late to this but I have seen a female tell different 'versions' if you like of what was wrong with her and this would depend on who she told. She would tell a woman exactly what was wrong, an intimate female problem, she would tell a young male something less 'graphic' but nearer the truth that wouldn't embarrass him and an older male yet something else totally unrelated because she knew he would be totally uncomfortable with knowing any details of any 'female' problem. I've see this in work situations quite often. Put these people together and they would say she was 'changing the story' which of course she was but for a good reason.