Trivia Desk Pad Game

C

c2kenpo

Another fun but usless thread. I have this Trivia pad that sits on my desk here at work have not a clue how I aquired it. So Instead of it bugging me all day long on my own I am going to share a Daily Trivia Question (Some days excluded of course)

When I post the next question I'll pass out who was correct! Try not to cheat. *S*

What corporate mascot is represented by a 55-foot-high fiberglass statue in Blue Earth Minnesota?

Have Fun

David Gunzburg

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
c2kenpo said:
Another fun but usless thread. I have this Trivia pad that sits on my desk here at work have not a clue how I aquired it. So Instead of it bugging me all day long on my own I am going to share a Daily Trivia Question (Some days excluded of course)

What corporate mascot is represented by a 55-foot-high fiberglass statue in Blue Earth Minnesota?

Have Fun

David Gunzburg
Big Boy?

OP
C

c2kenpo

Nightingale said:
The Green Giant veggie guy.

Can't Believe we only had 2 people even try. BUT WINNER!!

The Jolly Green Giant is correct....

wonder if Sprout is stuck on top of the building...

Next question

What was Christoper Wren teaching at Oxford University before he launched his career as an architecht?

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but didn't he teach astronomy?

OP
G

Gary Crawford

If you don't mind,I have a good one-What is the name M*A*S*H theme song?

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
here's the history of the dunce cap. no idea about the kenpo relation, though.

the dunce cap comes from a 13th-century philosopher named John Duns Scotus, who, not surpisingly, was born in Duns, Scotland.
This well-respected but terribly oblique scholar felt that conical hats actually increased learning potential. Here's the theory -- knowledge is centralized at the apex and then funneled down into the mind of the wearer.

Scotus was an inveterate hair-splitter and came up with terms like "haecceitas," or "thisness." He was widely praised in his day, but eventually fell out of intellectual favor. His "duns cap" was a pretty obvious target of derision and came to symbolize stupidity.

So the logic behind the dunce cap is that it makes slow pupils learn better, but it was later used to humiliate the wearer and motivate students to try harder.

OP
G

Gary Crawford

ya'll are too good!On the series "Happy Days",what is the name of the oldest Cunningham sibling?

OP
G

Gary Crawford

Nightingale,you are the queen! Bowing-I'm not worthy!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nightingale said:
here's the history of the dunce cap. no idea about the kenpo relation, though.

the dunce cap comes from a 13th-century philosopher named John Duns Scotus, who, not surpisingly, was born in Duns, Scotland.
This well-respected but terribly oblique scholar felt that conical hats actually increased learning potential. Here's the theory -- knowledge is centralized at the apex and then funneled down into the mind of the wearer.

Scotus was an inveterate hair-splitter and came up with terms like "haecceitas," or "thisness." He was widely praised in his day, but eventually fell out of intellectual favor. His "duns cap" was a pretty obvious target of derision and came to symbolize stupidity.

So the logic behind the dunce cap is that it makes slow pupils learn better, but it was later used to humiliate the wearer and motivate students to try harder.
Thanks for the history of the cap, I was not on that page however. John Dun Scottus was a contemporary of of another religious schollar name John Oakam. Oakam was a strong believer in logic and is considered the father of modern legal thought. Dun Scottus believed that logic was not the right path and that all the answers we need are to be found in the scriptures. The book and movie, "Name of the Rose" is loosley based on Oakam. The dunce cap became a symbol of doing somthing stupid, or comming to a non- logical conclusion. So I ask you what law is Mr. Parker refering to with the word Kenpo?

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
OK. Quick one. What's the longest word in the english dictionary?

OP
A

Andi

Antidisestablishmentarianism? But I seem to remember somebody telling me a longer one..

OP
C

c2kenpo

Nitengale once again.

She's getting to be scary!!

Next question

How may people are depicted in the 72 scenes that make up the famous Bayeux Tapestry?

David Gunzburg

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The power of google -- and too much time on my hands

626?

Latest Discussions