Trash the Dress

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
http://www.wedpix.com/articles/trash-the-dress/ttd-trash-the-dress-photo-sessions.html

Brides and grooms want awesome imagery from their wedding, period. They want the unscripted moments captured, but they also want a photographer that can get very creative during a portrait session. That’s why couples everywhere are donning their wedding finery and not only descending into caves, but plunging into breakers, walking through abandoned amusement parks, wandering through cornfields, wading into forest streams and chasing other wild pursuits in an increasingly popular ritual and edgy extension of wedding photojournalism called Trash the Dress (TTD).

Not that I have any wedding plans in the near or distant future myself, but I think this sounds damn cool.

scenesetter.jpg

ShelleyK

Brown Belt
Reaction score
TTD has been around for roughly 3-4 years now, I myself have shot a couple of TTD sessions...some with brides (such as Bobs wife Susan) and some with models...
Its a LOT of fun and takes a LOT of creativity on both the subject and the photog. Helps too if the bride or model is really good at getting funky with the poses!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Personally...I don't get it. Spend hundreds even thousands on a dress to ruin it? But, it's popular, it's 'in', and it seems fun. So whatta I know? :D

Latest Discussions