training without heavy bag?? plz help

blubberbo

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey, I would say I am at an intermediate level of Muay Thai, been doing it for a little over a year now and I am going somewhere this summer and want to do some pretty severe workouts, working on my power punches, kicks, elbows, and knees.

where i am going, however, will not have any punching bags, especially no heavy bags, and there will seldom be someone to hold thai pads for me.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about how I might train with other, random, things. Even strange or wacky things, like tires I have heard of before (although I dont know if that was a joke or not).

Thank you so much for your help, it is really appreciated!!!

i have a think rope hanging in my apartment with a knot tied at eye level, body level, and knee level. i use the knots as targets and work on my speed, mechanics and footwork.

a rope 'chasing' you around makes training with it pretty interesting and lifelike.

i actually like working with it more than the heavy bag.

Well, training without a heavy bag and pad work is a problem. There is a reason why that equipment is used so extensively.
But anyways, there are some alternatives. You can hang a towel on whats available, or just have someone holding it for you. This I think will be best used for the kicks.

Back