Training with a respiratory infection

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I've read somewhere that flu shots help your overall immunity, but can't remember where.

Flu shots only work against the flu, and only the exact flu for which the shot was formulated. It doesn't help your overall immunity.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Doc says I have a nasty case of bronchitis but not pneumonia. Which is good news. I asked my instructor if it was OK for me to watch class, he said yes. So, I watched this evening. I miss being on the map, but it did help to follow along.

I lost a lot of weight in the last 3 weeks...granted, I had it to lose, but I unintentionally lost it the wrong way. Building myself back up will be a bit of a project. :(

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
lady_kaur said:
Doc says I have a nasty case of bronchitis but not pneumonia. Which is good news. I asked my instructor if it was OK for me to watch class, he said yes. So, I watched this evening. I miss being on the map, but it did help to follow along.

I lost a lot of weight in the last 3 weeks...granted, I had it to lose, but I unintentionally lost it the wrong way. Building myself back up will be a bit of a project. :(

Yes, building yourself back up will be a bit of a challenge. You will probably feel weak and tire very easily. Remember to take it easy and not relapse. Eat well and keep hydrated. Glad to hear it isn't pneumonia. :)