Training Wing Chun?

Watched Master Z last night, I liked it. But even though he really does not claim to be using Wing Chun, until just about the end of the movie… I think it still counts as training :)

1759261572230.webp
 
On a somewhat related, wing chun, note
I just found out Ip Chun turned 101 on July 10, 2025
 
Well after months of not being able to do bong say with my right arm due to shoulder issues. I got a cortisone shot last week and I’ve been able to the shoulder exercises again and today I could do bong say with my right. It’s a bit stiff, but no pain. Going back to PT the end of this month and contacted my sifu to see if he is available for a private lesson to review my siu lim Tao and get a little further in the mook form. If all goes well I hope to be back training next month
 
Well after months of not being able to do bong say with my right arm due to shoulder issues. I got a cortisone shot last week and I’ve been able to the shoulder exercises again and today I could do bong say with my right. It’s a bit stiff, but no pain. Going back to PT the end of this month and contacted my sifu to see if he is available for a private lesson to review my siu lim Tao and get a little further in the mook form. If all goes well I hope to be back training next month
Always been curious about those cortisone shots. I have a bad shoulder joint also. Good to hear it helped you.
 
Always been curious about those cortisone shots. I have a bad shoulder joint also. Good to hear it helped you.
Had a few over the years, hip, knees, elbow and shoulder.... it helps, but you can't get to many in the joint, it will cause damage. but I have been dealing with this sholder for months and with lifting lugage on a trip, shoveling snow, and running tghe snowblower it kept getting reinjured, so I opted for the cortisone shot and PT...
 
Well after months of not being able to do bong say with my right arm due to shoulder issues. I got a cortisone shot last week and I’ve been able to the shoulder exercises again and today I could do bong say with my right. It’s a bit stiff, but no pain. Going back to PT the end of this month and contacted my sifu to see if he is available for a private lesson to review my siu lim Tao and get a little further in the mook form. If all goes well I hope to be back training next month
Not into quoting myself, but stupid autocorrect….. Bong sau NOT Bong say
 
Always been curious about those cortisone shots. I have a bad shoulder joint also. Good to hear it helped you.
Two of my old senseis have gotten cortisone shots for different body parts (odd how Martial artists bodies keep breaking down...)
For both of them, it was like a miracle the first time they got one, and gave them a few months of pretty close to normal level. After a few shots, the efficacy for them at least decreased a lot.
 
Two of my old senseis have gotten cortisone shots for different body parts (odd how Martial artists bodies keep breaking down...)
For both of them, it was like a miracle the first time they got one, and gave them a few months of pretty close to normal level. After a few shots, the efficacy for them at least decreased a lot.
Which is why you space them as far apart as you can. And then work on rehab for that area, it tends to last longer. But to many, is a bad thing, they start damaging the area more than helping
 
Which is why you space them as far apart as you can. And then work on rehab for that area, it tends to last longer. But to many, is a bad thing, they start damaging the area more than helping
Hand raised, but the 'itis' brothers had already done the deed.

Xue Sheng, I asked in another post specifically where they gave you the shot in the shoulder. I am curious if we got the shot in the same location.
 
Hand raised, but the 'itis' brothers had already done the deed.

Xue Sheng, I asked in another post specifically where they gave you the shot in the shoulder. I am curious if we got the shot in the same location.
other than in the same shoulder, I couldn't tell you if the shot was given in the same exact location. The shots were a year or more apart and I tend to turn my head and look the other way when the give them.
 
other than in the same shoulder, I couldn't tell you if the shot was given in the same exact location. The shots were a year or more apart and I tend to turn my head and look the other way when the give them.
Was it in the front or back of the shoulder?
 
Side, always the side. Not sure if it’s always the same location in the side of the shoulder though
Hmm, I will ask next time with my Ortho, but I am pretty sure the two I have had was in the back above the shoulder blade.
I am headed for a shoulder replacement, possibly this year, but my Ortho doesn't do shoulders and I am very adamant about using a sports Ortho so I have to find a new one. And that alone makes me a little nervous.
 
Hmm, I will ask next time with my Ortho, but I am pretty sure the two I have had was in the back above the shoulder blade.
I am headed for a shoulder replacement, possibly this year, but my Ortho doesn't do shoulders and I am very adamant about using a sports Ortho so I have to find a new one. And that alone makes me a little nervous.
I go to a guy for my shoulder that specializes in shoulders and would do the surgery if i went that route.
 
I go to a guy for my shoulder that specializes in shoulders and would do the surgery if i went that route.
The ball part of the joint is badly worn and no longer round so overhead works Sucks. The socket is also something of a mess.
I wish I could figure out why the west and Arturi are so much worse on my right side.
 
The ball part of the joint is badly worn and no longer round so overhead works Sucks. The socket is also something of a mess.
I wish I could figure out why the west and Arturi are so much worse on my right side.
Mine is a bit different, it is the arthritis and an old injury from my days in Shaolin Long Fist. its the clavicle and the shoulder were locked and wherever I tried Bong Sau on with the right the entoire shoulder including the clavicle goes was going up and hurting a lot. But as far as I know the ball and socket joint is fine. I believe the location of the Cortisone shot depends on the inflammation, or injury, location.
 
Mine is a bit different, it is the arthritis and an old injury from my days in Shaolin Long Fist. its the clavicle and the shoulder were locked and wherever I tried Bong Sau on with the right the entoire shoulder including the clavicle goes was going up and hurting a lot. But as far as I know the ball and socket joint is fine. I believe the location of the Cortisone shot depends on the inflammation, or injury, location.
I do think a lot of mine is from football and wrestling wear and tear plus a lifetime of farming, crawling around inside control panels, and 35+ years of competive martial arts. So Not complaining, just painful and frustrating.
I did dislocate it once in a tournament by a ā€˜perfectly’ timed side kick. My GM reset it while I was still in the ring ( that was real fun) and proceeded to ask me if I wanted to keep going since I was ahead on points. Had it have been my last match I would have tried to play keep away, but I had one more match to go so I had to bow out anyway.
Went to my Ortho the following Monday and he confirmed it had came out. Put it in a sling brace for a few weeks and it got better.
 
I do think a lot of mine is from football and wrestling wear and tear plus a lifetime of farming, crawling around inside control panels, and 35+ years of competive martial arts. So Not complaining, just painful and frustrating.
I did dislocate it once in a tournament by a ā€˜perfectly’ timed side kick. My GM reset it while I was still in the ring ( that was real fun) and proceeded to ask me if I wanted to keep going since I was ahead on points. Had it have been my last match I would have tried to play keep away, but I had one more match to go so I had to bow out anyway.
Went to my Ortho the following Monday and he confirmed it had came out. Put it in a sling brace for a few weeks and it got better.
Broke my ankle doind Shaolin long fist staff, The staff hit me in the ankle, I went down on my right shoulder and separated my clavicle. That was about 30 years ago.... I am paying for it now
 
Back
Top