Training over Christmas?

TKD-Pete

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey all, back again after a fairly productive first 3 months of traditional TKD. Managed to get my yellow tag and feel I'm doing alright compared to most other newcomers in my class.

After our first grading we started learning kibon poomse, but only had one session of it and I've managed to forget most of it already. I've had a bit of a search on the internet and can't find anywhere that describes this pattern in detail so I can't really practice it over the holiday break...

Otherwise, what should I be doing? I'm currently doing a bit of stretching every other day, some kick practice and plan to start going for a run after my first week off... Is there anything else I can do to keep my standard up over the break, or even improve?

Thanks a lot for any advice

Pete

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What you are doing, practice and I believe those patterns are on the unofficial Tae Kwon Do site if you google it it will come up by that name.
Hope that will help yu out

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What you are doing, practice and I believe those patterns are on the unofficial Tae Kwon Do site if you google it it will come up by that name.
Hope that will help yu out

Ditto to Terry's post, Pete.

One thing I would strongly suggest is that you try to pick up a copy of Loren Christensen's book Solo Training. Though he's a karateka, every single exercise, drill and training tactic in the book is applicable to TKD and other striking arts, and you could spend 12 hours a day doing routines based on his recommendations and still not get through the book over the Christmas holidays. He has exercises for balance, for strength, for coordination, for flow, along with ways to simulate attack/defense situations... the lot. It's got to be one of the very best MA books out there, and it's just what the sahbum ordered when you have to miss dojang sessions.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would strive for consistency, if nothing else. That's the one thing I try to do during the busy holiday times.

Latest Discussions